IS THIS NORMAL?

Natali1983
on 3/28/12 9:01 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
OK SO IM STARTING TO THINK MY POUCH IS A MOODY B****...FOR A COUPLE DAYS NOW IVE BEEN BURPIND A LOT AND THEY ARE VERY SMELLY..TMI I KNOW..I CALLED MY DOC OFFICE N THEY ASKED IF IVE EATEN ANY BEANS OR LENTILS WHICH I HAVE AND THEY SAID ITS JUST INDEGESTION...OK THATS FINE ILL STAY AWAY FROM THOSE FOR NOW BUT I CANT GET IN MY 64OZ OF WATER DUE TO THE FACT IT HURTS EVERYTIME I DRINK AND I JUST GET AIR BUBBLES IN MY CHEST AREA..WTF...I CAN ONLY TAKE LIKE 3 OR 4 BITES OF SOMETHING THEN BUBBLES START COMING UP MY THROAT...WHAT IS THAT?..IS THAT THE "FULL" FEELING?...I ALSO GET THAT GASSY FEELING AT NIGHT..GOS FORBID I EAT AFTER 6ISH..MY POUCH ISNT HAVING IT...I BARELY GET 300 CALS IN A DAY AND IM 1MTH POSTOP TODAY....ANY ADVICE OUT THERE?...IM ALREADY TAKING NEXIUM IN THE MORNINGS AND TODAY I STARTED PEPCID COMPLETE TWICE A DAY
Natali

bridie_53
on 3/28/12 10:02 am - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 I WOULD call your surgeon, I am still preop but my surgeon told me that at around 4-6 weeks strictures could develop and I should call immediately if I had symptoms like yours. States he would do a quick EGD with a balloon and open it up. Call!

Natali1983
on 3/28/12 10:28 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
ILL B CALLING TOMORROW FIRST THING...ITS JUST SO UNCOMFORTABLE..I HOPE ITS NOTHING SERIOUS
Natali

rhondanewme
on 3/28/12 11:10 am - Grantsboro, NC
At 1 month out I was still eating mostly soft foods and definitly no beans or lentils. It took me a long time to be able to handle meats and raw vegetables also.

I'd say do call your surgeon's office and let them know because it does sound like a possible stricture. If not, it could be that your pouch is like mine and needs to take it slowly, regardless of what plan your doctor may prescibe to his post ops.
Best of luck to you on your journey!
david S.
on 3/28/12 1:27 pm - IL
I was doing the soft foods in the 6th week but then started being unable to keep food down and having a lot of pain like 'stuck' food.  Upper GI indicated I was 95% blocked.  Endoscopy a few days later was unable to 'open' the stricture so I had to have a revision surgery.
My suggestion:  immediately go to your doctor or a gastroenterologist and have it checked out.  Don't let the stricture completely close. 
Following my 2nd surgery, the 'revision', my stoma closed again.  This time I called the gastroenterologist when the symptons first appeared.  The upper GI indicated a 90% blockage and you can be sure I was having an endoscopy the following day.  The doctor opened my second stricture from 1 mil to 15 mil.  I'm having another endoscopy in a few weeks (two weeks apart) to make sure the stricture is open to at least 15 mil and then some.  The doctor doesn't want to take the chance of the third blockage.  Error on the side of caution and get yourself checked out.

Good Luck on your journey.

Dave

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?