Overate last night - scared now

lainey1217
on 4/12/12 9:08 am - Manchester, CT

I'm just over 20 months out.  I have had my ups and downs and have lost 110 lbs. since my surgery.  Last night for the first time I REALLY over ate - had some wine and some junk food (not that I have never had junk food but never too much).  I suffered dearly for this slip.  I had a lot of pain and thought I would be sick (wished I had).  This lasted a couple of hours.  Today I don't feel so great - I'm having some residual pain - the BIG QUESTION is - Have I done some permanent damage to my pouch?  A follow up question is - Did I stretch my pouch with this one incident?

Any comments from your experiences would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

Lori P.
on 4/12/12 9:14 am - Kenosha, WI
You are probably fine.  The pouch is irritated.  Take it easy, following your guidelines....it will be ok 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

seattledeb
on 4/12/12 9:57 am
 Also alcohol can make it easier to overeat. It changes how you think and how things feel in your pouch.
Not permanent damage but something to think about.
Deb T.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/12/12 10:03 am - OH
No, you did not stretch your pouch by overeating one time.  It takes consistently overeating to permanently stretch the pouch (which is a muscle that is DESIGNED to stretch and contract).  The bigger concern is stretching the stoma, but it isn't likely that one incident would permanently stretch that, either.

Just take it as a lesson learned and move forward.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lainey1217
on 4/12/12 11:26 am - Manchester, CT
Thanks for the comments - my mind is more at ease about this - definetly won't be doing that again.
Most Active
Recent Topics