losing too much? ??

wendylmr
on 6/20/12 5:25 pm - CA
. i just lost mu health insurance I had my surgery back in october of 2009. I have lost 134 lbs. Now i am only 5 ff tall which is fine but i am only weighing 105 lbs. I have to constantly eat high calorie foods and really watch mh vitamins because i am iron deficient and low in my b 12. So heres my dilemma. In order to maintain and stop losing i have to consume 1500 caloriea a day. In order to gain i need to consume 1700 or more. I cant eat that much. I try but its hard. I am able to eat a 6 inch sandwich just fine. I can eat 3/4 of a hamburger. But still i cant get over 110. I look very skelatal at this weight. My bones are showing. My ribs and spine and veins in my arms are protruding. Any suggestions? I cant eat sugars ...i dump..
Cherokeesage
on 6/20/12 5:57 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
There are higher calorie protein drinks for people in your situation.  You can find them online, in GNC, Sam's, Drug Stores, etc.  Wherever there is a good selection of protein powder there should also be some of the higher calorie meal replacement protein drinks and bars.  If the sugar in the bars cause you to dump then cut them into smaller servings and eat throughout the day.  We have a store called Drug Emporiam that carries a lot of these things.  I don't know if you have one in your area but there should be something similar if your town is large enough.  Otherwise, go online.  I actually used the higher calorie protein when I was a skinny teenager trying to gain weight.  We joke that it finally worked.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Queen Koosa
on 6/20/12 8:13 pm
I'm am 5'7" and weigh 123.  I'm over 5 years out.  I thought I was getting too thin at one point when I was really stressed I got down to 116.  Drink your protein drinks that have high calories. 

I know don't have any problems holding my weight at 123.   I think the weight has shifted around and I don't feel like I look bad anymore.  I look at it this way if I do have some regain I will still be fine.
DON'T DREAM YOUR LIFE.
 LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Eliza55
on 6/20/12 10:37 pm - PA
I find that I have to eat every two to three hours to maintain my weight. I have also added some good fats to my diet by putting olive oil on some of my vegetables etc.  Those veggies help with vitamins, and also provide some dense calories from the olive oil.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

jrobin14
on 6/20/12 10:59 pm - Charlotte, NC
Okay I do not have any suggestions for the calorie intake but do have a suggestion on the health insurance. I had to go through the state health option plan called Inclusive Health to obtain insurance after my jobs insurance dropped us, they require you to be denied insurance by at least one major insurance company.

poet_kelly
on 6/20/12 11:37 pm - OH
Add a couple protein shakes to your day.  It's not hard to make a protein shake with 200-300 calories.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laura in Texas
on 6/21/12 3:10 am
Your BMI is 20, which is in the normal range. I eat at least 1700 calories on a normal day. Eat something every 3 hours. Do not try eating too much at one sitting.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Ladytazz
on 6/21/12 3:15 am
I understand about not being able to eat alot.  Two things that help.  Eat more often and eat higher calorie foods, like nuts, nut butters, healthy fats, cheese, butter, etc.  I do want to caution you that no matter how tempted you may be, don't fall into the trap of eating "junk" or refined carbs like bread, candy (I know you said you can't eat sugar), chips and things like that.  Many people start out needing to put on a few pounds and go that route and it bites them in the ass.  I stick with a healthy routine and frequent snacks and it works out.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

wendylmr
on 6/21/12 5:34 am - CA
Im constantly eating. I always eat cheese and crackers. I almost never eat a carb without a protein. Like peanut butter or cheeses. Pbj sands and lots if chicken, tuna, or egg salads. Even my friends comment on how im always eating. I went on a cruise and ate all day. Only gained 4 lbs. But it helped. Im afraid of exsercise afraid of burning calories so i use resistant bands to build muscle. But its still hard. Im trying...so ill add meal supplement shakes to see how it goes.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 212 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 302 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 128 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?