Hamburger

wkg_1959
on 7/9/12 11:24 pm - TN
I am 5 weeks out this Thu.I have lost 34 pounds.I was worring when you can eat a hamburger on a bun and are they any fast food place you can get one that not to bad for you.I know i can't eat it all because when you take all meds and vitamins and protein shake you are full. Thanks 
stlfocus
on 7/9/12 11:30 pm - IA
I never eat any kind of bread - too many carbs.  At 5 weeks, you probably should be staying away from empty carbs like bread because you need to use the space in your stomach for protein. 

Wendy's has chili that came recommended by my nutritionist. At Taco Bell you can eat the refried beans - or I have eaten the insides of a burrito without eating the tortilla.  McDonalds you could eat the grilled chicken sandwich without the bun and high calorie toppings.

Fast food is one of the reasons I ended up obese, so I try to stay away from them as much as possible.

Five weeks is pretty early to start back up with fast food - just my humble opinion.

shaniam326
on 7/9/12 11:34 pm - RI
What about whole wheat? Is it ok to have a whole wheat english muffin with 1/2 tbs of peanut butter? I bought a few bread products like whole wheat pita pockets I was told they were ok but now im second guessing, i am 8 weeks out
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/10/12 12:19 pm - OH
 Whole wheat does not necessarily mean whole grain (which is the preferred type of bread if you must eat bread).  You have so little room in your pouch, though, and bread really wastes the space and keeps you from getting enough protein.  If you filled your pouch with chicken or fish, you would be getting a LOT more protein (and a lot fewer carbs and calories) than in just half a tablespoon of PB on part of a muffin.  (I assume you ate only half a muffin and not the whole thing...?) There is VERY little protein in that small amount of PB and almost none in the muffin.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

wkg_1959
on 7/9/12 11:39 pm - TN
I dont want fast foods but i have to drive a long way to see my doctor and i was just worring what would be the best thing .i have the same reason for surgery i eat out to much at fast food always in a rush.thanks
BWB
on 7/10/12 1:10 am, edited 7/10/12 2:26 am
Take a cooler with food from your own kitchen. I do that all the time.

Dave Chambers
on 7/9/12 11:37 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Beef and pork are typically not on the OK list until near 5 months post op.  The only type I of "burger" I'd think you could tolerate this early is the ground burger in a Wendy's small cup of chili.  I know many who would get a "burger wrap" (burger wrapped in lettuce) from In and Out burger places out here, as the healthier form of burger. I know I had issues tolerating burgers on larger buns when I had a burger around 6 months. I know I could tolerate bison burgers easier, made on home. I'd cook one bison burger (1/3 lb) in the Sunbeam Rocket Grill for 2 minutes. Bison cooks much faster than beef because it has far less fat. I'd then cut the patty in half, saving half for another meal. I'd toast some ground whole wheat toast, cut in half, add mustard and onion, and use this as a "mini burger" that tasted good, was easier to digest, and a lot less fat and calories, yet higher in protein.  BTW, I'd wait at least 30 minutes after pills or shakes or other fluids before trying to eat anything. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

wkg_1959
on 7/9/12 11:43 pm - TN

Thanks that help a lot because i knew every time i took my vitamins and shake i could'nt eat Thanks again

MrsLitch
on 7/10/12 11:02 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
hamburger has been on my plan from get go albeit pureed at first lol. I am five weeks out and I have ordered a "kids" hamburger from wendy's plain and eaten half the burger patty no bread or anything else when I was in a pinch one day and couldn't get home or anywhere to get "my" food.

I have read that some have issues with hamburger but I have not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

justmycatandme
on 7/10/12 2:21 am
RNY on 06/11/12

They ARE on my list starting at 6 weeks...  So it varies by plan....  I would suggest sticking to your plan...

Most Active
Recent Topics