Quest & Other Protein Bars

Lisa T.
on 7/18/12 6:25 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
So I gave the quest bars a whirl after hearing about them on OH.  I bought the apple pie and chocolate varieties.  They were okay but didn't knock my socks off.  I'm flying to California next week for business.  Trying to find some protein bars (or other suitable items) that will make it past TSA.  I'm flying Indy to Charlotte, then Charlotte to Cali.  Fun, fun!

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/18/12 6:28 am
Neither of those are my favorite Quest bars. I like the Vanilla Almond Crunch the best. Some folks like the Pure Protein bars too.
artroxy blue
on 7/18/12 6:28 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I like Oh Yeah bars. My favorite is is the Cookie Caramel. 

For Quest bars, my favorite is the Cinnamon Bun flavor. It's part of their Natural line, and it keeps me regular with 17g fiber! Yowza!
Tessie W.
on 7/18/12 6:55 am
Oh Yeah
Power Crunch
Zone Perfect (depending upon sugar tolerance 

Sara L.
on 7/18/12 6:56 am
My favorite Quest bars are the Vanilla almond crunch and the coconut cashew.  I ordered the variety packs from Quest online and figured out which ones would work for me.  I didn't care for anything with chocolate, the pb&j were ok, and the peanut butter supreme was ok....just not my favorites. 

My local Vitamine Shoppe carries a few of the Quest flavors, you might try shopping the protein bar counter there, they have what seems like a bajillion different brands and flavors. 

I have had good luck with the Nectar cappuccino flavor mixed with ice cold water.  It might be an option for you, just put together some single serving bags and mix them in a water bottle or protein mixer cup.  I liked the bottle for traveling, then I could just throw it in recycling and not worry about cleaning out the protein cup while on the plane.

Good luck on your trip, it takes some trial and error but you will figure out what works for you.

Sara in Maui

shellbell75
on 7/18/12 7:23 am
I like the Power Crunch bars. My fav is Peanut Butter. I got mine at Walmart. I try to eat the kind that is Whey and not Soy personally.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

LJ1972
on 7/18/12 7:29 am - FL
The good thing about Quest for travel is it doesn't have the "chocolate" coating to melt and get messy. In fact, Quest bars taste even better warmed over.
mimijo
on 7/18/12 8:55 am
As far as Quest goes I like the cinamon bun, the strawberry shortcake and the coconut cashew the best.  The other's are ok but these are my favorites.  I like the texture and taste of those much better than the others.

Mimi Jo

Bucketta
on 7/18/12 8:58 am
 I had a sample package that I ordered that contained 2 each of all the bars they make and I am going to tell you I had so much gas after trying two of them, separate days of course, that I thought I was dying.  I gave them to my doctor and he had the same problem with them.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

LJ1972
on 7/18/12 9:05 am - FL
do you know if it was teh Natural line?  They are made with sugar alcohols and nearly cripple me with bloating and gas pain.

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 92 views