One little lapse of attention = barf

mikerccie
on 7/19/12 2:33 am
RNY on 02/28/12
I was wrapping up some emails, watching the clock and planning to get out of the house for a customer meeting.  I had finished breakfast about an hour earlier and had started my Alpine Punch protein drink when I decided it was time to start my pills for the day.

I chewed up my three vitamins and a probiotic and without thinking just tossed down another pill and two capsules with no delay between.

I finished 90% of the protein drink in the car (after putting on a brand new white dress shirt) and started feeling "backed up" - I pulled into a gas station parking lot about 30 seconds too late and barfed all over my new shirt, and my pants.

I haven't had a food-related throw-up in several weeks and today I stop paying attention and do myself in.

Live and learn I guess.

avivaps
on 7/19/12 3:44 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 Hope you're feeling better. Lesson learned :(

Andrea. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

jujubee4224
on 7/19/12 3:57 am
RNY on 04/09/12
Sorry that happened to you. Occasionally I also have a lapse of memory and either take too big a bite, not chew well enough or, like you, swallow too many pills at once. They all have disastrous results. I wish I learned from my mistakes the first time.
JaneJetson
on 7/19/12 6:31 am
RNY on 05/07/12
 I know, I know.  If I don't wait between pills, even a minute or 2 is good, but boy, if I do them all at once,  I will pay for it.   Bummer too, all over your new clothes.  It couldn't be on crappy clothes you just threw on to go to Home Depot or something, always the new stuff!  Take Care, Jane
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 493 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 365 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 74 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?