Disappointment??

brenlee1965
on 8/3/12 6:04 am - New Berlin, NY
Why are so many disappointed about their weight loss. It's weight LOSS.....This is a marathon not a sprint. We are told to expect stalls. I may change my way of thinking when I am on the losers bench in a few weeks; but I REFUSE to let my weight stop me from being happy to have the "tool".
 Bren                
cajungirl
on 8/3/12 6:10 am
The majority do worry, why?  Because of all the years of diets and regains.  The fear yet again that even WLS won't work.

I hope you don't fret about it but expect it to happen at least a time or two.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/3/12 6:17 am
It may be hard to fathom, but for some of us it stirs up a lot of old fears. There's as many different reasons as there are post ops.

It doesn't matter how many times you are told something. You have to experience it for yourself. My frustration has not in anyway made me unhappy to have my surgery. I personally am frustrated because I am following all the rules and I'm in a stall. 

I think it's healthier for us to come here and grouse to folks who can understand than it is to sit and stew in silence or just give up.

I'm a little techy about this.
brenlee1965
on 8/3/12 6:24 am - New Berlin, NY
ok....so it's normal and people venting helps us stay sane through the ride?!
 Bren                
chatterpam
on 8/3/12 6:34 am - PA
Yes and YES!  I can't tell you how much that OH has helped me during my journey.  Some days I felt so bad that I just needed to vent.  Other times I has serious issues going on that I didn't even realize were serious issues until some of my buddies here brought that to my attention.  And then there is sharing of victories and triumphs.

Support is paramount to success IMHO.

One thing about posting here - is that we KNOW what it is like.  Everyones' journey is unique but we have experienced similar things throughout.  There were days that I just got online to read what others were going through, or to smile at their successes. I didn't feel like I could add anything at the beginning because I was so new.  Now, I have some lived experiences that, by sharing, might help others through a bump in their road, and I so depend on the veterans for their priceless input.

Glad to have you with us!  Wishing you the best.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/3/12 6:36 am
*nods* and no matter how supportive your family is, there are some things they will not understand
chatterpam
on 8/3/12 6:42 am - PA
True and true... my family still doesn't understand why I couldn't do it the "old fashioned way" (rolls eyes), but that's ok... I realize that they don't have the issues with food that I do.  When I went through some surgery related problems they were quick to say "see... told ya not to do that."  But, as time has gone on, and they see how much healthier, vibrant and less pain I am in - they are starting to relax about it.
chatterpam
on 8/3/12 6:25 am - PA
I go back and forth about this subject... the farther out I get the less I am concerned about it. For me, especially at the beginning, I was wondering "what in the HELL did I do to myself" to be losing so little or stalling so quickly! First month I only lost 7 pounds. (Because frankly, until you experience "this" - there is NO way to prepare yourself for it despite all the classes and explanations)

It will be interesting to see how you feel at your first stall (and there most likely will be several of them.) Be sure to let us know. Wishing you the best

Sarah R.
on 8/3/12 6:30 am
I stopped losing big numbers at 6 months....I am now 15 months out and have only lost 8 pounds since December...Im still over 200 pounds. Im not disappointed necessarily but I do wish my journey had produced more weight loss early on. I wont ever be 360+ pounds again BUT I can see now that It could happen and quite easily. Its scary to know that and it means not letting any slipping backwards happen and making the changes I have made permanent...its not easy and its a daily struggle in my head to get my exercise in, to say no to pizza, get my protein and water in, make good choices because its good for me and makes me feel good; to remember why I did this and not to waste it. I can understand disappointment and I think most of it stems from comparing yourself to others journey...we are all different.

chatterpam
on 8/3/12 6:37 am - PA
I am going through something similar.  I've lost 5 pounds in the past 4 months, but then about a week ago when I weighed I was down another 2 pounds.  Hang in there.  I worry about it too.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 47 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?