Does anyone take imitrex?

helenm71
on 8/6/12 4:50 pm
Im still going through the steps to have surgery and I was wondering if anyone takes imiitrex. I get migraines but not nearly as bad as before i got my cpap machine but when i do i have to take imitrex. its not CR or ER its just a regular pill, do you know if I can still take this? anyone have any experience? thanks
avivaps
on 8/6/12 7:25 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 I switched to the imitrex nasal spray pre-op so that there would be no issue with absorption.  However, I don't think the regular imitrex is an issue if you want to continue.  

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Sonogrrl
on 8/6/12 9:35 pm
RNY on 05/22/12
I take it no problem. Works the same for me as before surgery.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
acrespin1
on 8/6/12 10:49 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
My surgeon told me Imitrex was fine. I haven't had any severe headaches since surgery, well one now that I think about it and I did a Maxalt melt sublingual with no problem. I also have no problem swallowing pills.

helenm71
on 8/7/12 12:31 am
thankyou so much
bzbabs
on 8/7/12 12:48 am - Chesaning, MI
I have used Imitrex several times since my surgery.  I started with the nasal spray but it suddenly didn't work so well after my surgery.  I know am back to taking the pills.  I feel like it hits me a little sooner and harder but it does still give me relief.
~ Barb

~Be the change you want to see.
                                      Gandhi
GraceGirl
on 8/7/12 3:39 am
Yes also used relpax and malaxt all approved for use after surgery no problem

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

owlisn
on 8/7/12 9:40 am - NC
 I take the injectable Imitrex and love it.  It works much faster than the pill.
Allison

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 106 views