vitamin/food regimented schedule

molly3613
on 9/26/12 11:38 pm - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
I went to a support group last night led by a nutritionist at Methodist Hospital in Houston. She was discussing bariatric vitamins. We need multi twice a day, calcium citrate three times a day, iron once a day, b12 shot once a month and there was mentioned d, b1, c. Biotin, WOW. She said to take the iron 2 hours after and before meals (that threw me). Then there is the 70 - 90 g of protein daily and 64 ozs water not to be taken 30 minutes after meals. Plus any regular meds like thyroid. How do you guys fit it all in. Can someone post what my post op schedule will be please. I know it can be done. I opted for the b12 shot just to avoid another pill.

They also said to have 6 month labs done at the surgeons office as they will check more thoroughly for more things than your internist - like sillium (sp), potassium, etc.

I had no idea. I may have to get up early and stay up late to get it all done.
poet_kelly
on 9/26/12 11:48 pm - OH
Iron can be taken with meals.  It needs to be at least two hours away from calcium, though.

Here's basically what I do.

6 am: Drink some tea.  Then eat breakfast and take morning meds, multi, calcium citrate, D3, vitamin A, zinc.

7:30 am: start drinking some more liquid

10 am: eat a snack

11 am: start drinking some more liquid

1 pm: eat lunch and take calcium citrate

2 pm: start drinking some more liquid

3 pm: eat a snack

4 pm: start drinking some more liquid

6 pm: eat dinner, take meds, multi, calcium citrate

7 pm: start drinking some liquid

10 pm: eat a snack, take bedtime meds, iron, vitamin C

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

K. L
on 9/26/12 11:53 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
The most important thing is to not take your calcium with your iron. Since I take a multivitamin with iron, I make sure to take it seperately from my calcium. I also just learned from my NUT that you should take your multi with iron seperately from any calcium foods. Since I eat a lot of dairy throughout the day, I take my multi at night.

7 am: calcium
8 am: protein shake
10 am: calcium/B12
12 pm: lunch
2 pm: calcium
3 pm: snack
5 pm: multivitamins (can be taken together)
7 pm: dinner

Don't worry, its definitely not as overwhelming as it seems! Get a good multivitamin that contains iron, C and D to make your life easier and combine all of those requirements into one. Some people are all about bariatric only vitamins, but my surgeon suggests Centrum chewables and this has worked great for me. It even contains some biotin.
Dee.spunk
on 9/27/12 12:19 am - Sacramento, CA
8:00= B12/B1/Multi(which has iron)
10:00=Calcium
12:00=Multi
2:00=Calcium/D3
4:00=Calcium
6:00=Iron/Vit C
I just space everything two hours apart. And I keep a reminder in my phone which goes off every two hours and keeps me on schedule.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 67 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?