Chronic constipation?

PositivelyPammy
on 10/15/12 2:30 am - CO
RNY on 07/16/12
I get constipated a lot too.  I was on a cruise a couple of weeks ago and locked up - NOT FUN!  My liquid intake was fine too.  The Colace works for me, but it took a bit for things to move along.  I had to do 2 pills twice a day for a few days before I went.  I completely understand the frustration and tears.  :(

MichelleNC
on 10/15/12 3:02 am

I'm not a regular coffee drinker but it always clears up the constipation for me. I had a severe bout of it and couldn't keep anything down it would come back up because of the blockage. We tried enemas every OTC thing and finally my grandpa got some word I was sick. He told them give me coffee it works for him....me too I was going that night and felt so much better. Good luck!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

BeansOnToast
on 10/15/12 3:07 am - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
Thanks for all your help, everyone. I've made a shopping list for today to keep stuff on hand just in case. Prune juice, mineral oil, etc. Also gonna go have some coffee now anyway and we happen to have chia seeds in the house and lots of people rave about their effectiveness. I'll be watching my fiber intake now as well and I guess I'll be forcing more liquids. I don't know how you guys can live with this! Ugh.
Mel.
xoxo

Susan2012
on 10/15/12 4:46 am
 I use smooth move tea buy at GNC. I will take miralax a few times a week too. So far that has worked for me. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/12 5:54 am
I take mag oxide every night. First thing in the morning, I'm in the bathroom.

SarahLee1969
on 10/15/12 10:25 am - NY
I use Metamucil Clear and natural... it is inulin FIBER, and it mixes clear into most liquids or liquidy foods like yogurt.I use 1tablespoon 2 x a day, plus a colace(stool softener) with each dose of calcium.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/15/12 10:33 am - OH
I don't generally have a problem with constipation, but when I do run into it occasionally, I mix some Benefiber into drinks once or twice a day for a couple of days and I am fine.

The only time I was consistently constipated after surgery (other than from narcotic pain meds) is early out when I was eating almost no fat. My skin was also very dry. I added in some healthy fats (I started eating almonds for one of my protein snacks and a small amount of full fat cheese) and the constipation and dry skin cleared up quickly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics