smells

daviswingard
on 11/4/12 8:45 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 10/30/12

I used to have a very poor sense of smell ,but since my surgery on Tuesday I seem to be noticing smells a lot.  Mostly things are smelling bad to me.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Will it go away?

acochran
on 11/4/12 9:09 am - GA

This has also happened to me. I used to love garlic, but now everything smells like garlic and it makes me sick ! Good luck !

lisapo
on 11/4/12 9:23 am - WI

Smells were really intense for me right after surgery but I am seven weeks out now and the smell thing has kind of faded for me.

Annie_Anaba
on 11/4/12 9:33 am
RNY on 08/27/12

It stops for the most part about 5 weeks out. My daughter-in-law had a huge jar of minced garlic in the fridge and I could smell it when the fridge was closed. It's horrible at first but it does get better, now things make my pouch noisy. Congrats on the surgery.

JanBooth
on 11/4/12 9:41 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Thought this was just me!  I have a can of Fresh Linen air freshener in my bedside table drawer.  The smell of our dogs, my husband's deodorant soap, and several other things that really never bothered me before are just yucky now.  I spray all the time.  The linen scent is the only thing that can mask and make some of those odors tolerable. Good to know it will pass. 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

dawnie55
on 11/4/12 10:09 am - Garden Grove, CA

I use to have this one Yankee Candle in the house Now it makes me sick to my stomach

there are alot of smells that make me sick to this day

DangerGirl
on 11/4/12 11:09 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

OMG!  Before reading this post it hadn't even occurred to me that it might be surgery related, I seem to have had the opposite reaction.  Smells aren't registering with me the way they use to.  Perfume, candles, none of it.  I just thought I was buying crappy candles but a friend had mentioned my house smelled nice.  

Crazy!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 490 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 362 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 47 views