I'M 5 MONTHS POST OP, & FEEL LIKE I HAVE HIT A ROAD BLOCK.. ANYONE ELSE...

Laura121
on 11/12/12 12:49 am - IL
RNY on 06/14/12

I Have done everything I'm suppose to do. I have even found new recipes and tried them. I stick to my diet and exercise plan. But now I have come to a point where I have just stopped losing. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem along the way? I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 14/16. It's an amazing feeling. My health is so much better now. I'm not discouraged, just curious if anyone else has had this issue and how long it lasted.

raptor62
on 11/12/12 12:54 am - IL
RNY on 07/27/12

I hear road blocks are common and you shouldn't worry too much.  However,  make sure you are being honest with yourself about your food intake and exercise.  When my weight loss slows down I can usually relate it to me slacking off.

Kevin

stanggirl89
on 11/12/12 12:56 am - DE

Hello, I am experiencing this right now.. I went from size  26/28 to 20. Weight 345 to 230. I am 6 months on the 16. I been doing everything and I actually been the same for the past week and half so I'm a little nervous to! Im not discouraged either but im anxious to see what kind of replys  you get.

Im only posting so you know your not alone Lol!

Laura121
on 11/12/12 1:11 am - IL
RNY on 06/14/12

Thanks... I exercise every other day, and I just all of a sudden hit this road block. It's weird.

garnetgal
on 11/12/12 1:04 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

I'm 7+ months out and trust me you HAVE NOT stopped losing! This is where hopefully you have taken your measurements because when the scale isn't moving the inches are still coming off. Last month I lost 10 pounds, however I lost a total of 8 inches! The biggest inch lost in a month to date! Here's an explanation I was given of how things work, you lose fat and your body just kind of grabs it from here and there. Then when you aren't losing weight your body is redistributing the fat and filling in the holes where it took the fat from before. Thus you lose inches while your weight may remain steady. Also you are exercising and building muscle, muscle weighs more than fat so as you replace the fat with muscle you are getting slimmer but the weight may stay the same. I hope that helps and good luck to you on your journey it sounds like you are doing great!

Laura121
on 11/12/12 1:12 am - IL
RNY on 06/14/12

No this does help... Thank You!!! I never thought of that.

Larry Wassmann
on 11/12/12 1:17 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I am 6 months out and still losing but nowhere near as fast as I did in the previous months. I can not expect to now that I am within 30 lbs to go. I only weigh every other week so the loss does not look so small and discourage me. We are not in a race here we are into a life style change and the weight loss is a byproduct of this activity. What if it takes you 20 years to get where you want to be weight wise. As long as you are striving and not gaining YOU and your health are the winners. Do not concentrate so much on the weight loss but the life long eating habits and life style you are achieving. Just keep your head up, it will happen over time. Enjoy what you have today you have done very well already.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Marie A.
on 11/12/12 5:10 am

Oh yeah...very common!  I'm 7 months out as of this past Saturday and I can't tell you how many times I've stalled and are at a stall as I write this!  Been hovering around the same two pound loss for nearly a month now.  It's discouraging, but I'm still going to just keep doing what I'm suppose to and eventually it'll start coming off again.

The same will happen to you too...it'll start coming off again =D

~Marie

It's not who you are that holds you back...
It's who you THINK your NOT!

highest weight = 315     pre-op weight = 290     current weight = 145

JugglerOne
on 11/12/12 1:56 pm - PA
Surgery August 2, 2012
First 5 weeks I lost 48 pounds....
Next 5 weeks only lost 5 pounds.....
The last 4 weeks I have dropped another 25 !!!
The weight loss will hit plateaus throughout your journey. Just be mindful of your eating habits and liquid intake.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 87 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?