I dont want to be to skinny

AmberF
on 12/1/12 12:21 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

I have been looking at alot of before and after pics online. I know everyone has their own goals on their weight and how they want to look, but for my taste sometimes people just look to thin. Whenever thinking about my weight loss (RNY on the 12th) I dont have a desire to be skinny skinny. I have always thought curvy ( I dont mean fat) but like a softball players body looks the best. I dont know if any of you have seen like lane bryant catalogs, but at the back they usually  have models in bras and panties. They have flat stomach but still have curvyness and some meat on their bones ( what size do you think they are?). Thats what I want. I just get nervous that with the RNY I will just get to small ( I know a weird worry for someone who is 360lbs and 5'8) Anybody else have these type of thoughts? 

keke0514
on 12/1/12 12:26 am - MN

They normally want a plus size model to be a size 12, funny because that isn't really plus size.  I kinda think curvyness is your genetics.

wmamey
on 12/1/12 12:42 am
RNY on 06/18/12
On December 1, 2012 at 8:21 AM Pacific Time, AmberF wrote:

I have been looking at alot of before and after pics online. I know everyone has their own goals on their weight and how they want to look, but for my taste sometimes people just look to thin. Whenever thinking about my weight loss (RNY on the 12th) I dont have a desire to be skinny skinny. I have always thought curvy ( I dont mean fat) but like a softball players body looks the best. I dont know if any of you have seen like lane bryant catalogs, but at the back they usually  have models in bras and panties. They have flat stomach but still have curvyness and some meat on their bones ( what size do you think they are?). Thats what I want. I just get nervous that with the RNY I will just get to small ( I know a weird worry for someone who is 360lbs and 5'8) Anybody else have these type of thoughts? 

How about shooting for a goal that isn't focused on weight, maybe on healthy food choices? How about looking at your height and seeing where your BMI "should" be. I know for me I looked at my BMI and the first thought was to get out of the morbid obese category. Next, to get out of the obese category, then overweight category and now I am working to get out of that category.
Several people have said to me that I shouldn't lose any more weight. However, I tell them that I am still considered overweight and that I can lose another 14 pounds before I am considered in the normal weight range. I think they are used to seeing me heavy so I just look thinner than they expect me to.
Keep in mind that you reference a catalog that can clearly photoshop/touch up the image of a woman's body and most likely do. Also a softball player can be skinny or heavy - I played softball and I have been both so that reference doesn't really work either. Don't compare yourself to others - just work on being healthy. Good luck too!

AmberF
on 12/1/12 1:10 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

Thanks for your post but Im thinking you might have taken it a little bit the wrong way. With this journey alot o different thoughts pop into my head and I post them. I dont know if you have read any of my other post where I talk about wanted to be healthy and live an active lifestyle and wanting the be able to have children and set a good example. My number one reason is because I want to be healthy. I want to be able to run a 5k one night and go to a club with my girlfriends and feel sexy the next night ( neither of which I can do now) My goals are like you stated I want to be get out of all the obesity ranges and into a healthy range. However I dont think its crazy for me to have an idea of what I think is attractive and want to look that way. Being overweight my entire life I have always had a picture in my mind of what I would like my body to look like. The softball play and lane bryant examples are just example I came up with for the body type I think is most attractive to me. I know they use airbrush... and as for a softball play I mean I like the healthy muscular thichker look that I have seen most softball players have. Certainly I dont think all soft ball players have the same body. Like I said a lot of thoughts pop into my mind and this was one of them. I am thinking about this journey from beggining to end.

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/12 12:45 am

Nope.  I want to be skinny.  I don't mean bone skinny, but I definitely am shooting towards that.  Whether my body will let it happen we will see, but Iet's face it, this surgery isn't all about getting healthy.  Lora brought up a great point the other day to a poster and it would be ludicrous to say we are only in this for our health.  I understand what you mean about curves.  Don't worry, you are very pretty and you will have a killer body with curves.  Even if we don't have skin removal surgery or tummy tucks we can get very creative with Spanx. I am 59 and too chicken for that surgery, but I am not oppose to a facelift, but that would scare the crap out of me after seeing the procedure on TLC! hahahahaha.  I always said I would do a full facelift by the time I was 50.  Well I turn 60 on Monday so I am going to find a plastic surgeon to see about injections.  I life in Plasticland of Southern California so Beverly Hills is full of great plastic surgeons that may have options I am not aware of. If I were younger, I swear I would have my boobs done, definitely my stomach my arms, you name it. Am I vain???  You bet.  You may see this as so superficial and that's ok.  At 60 I can do that!  Thanks for letting me ramble on about this.  I wish you the very best on this journey and will be be rooting for you along the way!  Oh, and the fact you are 5' 8" is a great advantage to how you are going to look also.  I am 5' 2" was 5' 4" when I was young so lucky you!  Take care and have a great holiday!  Jane the Vain

Zachariah
on 12/1/12 12:59 am

mailFor me, this surgery was about getting healthy.  I still have a long way to go, but now I can reach my feet to put on socks and tie my shoes, I can walk more than 50ft without huffing and puffing, and it has helped my arthritis a bit (though my left leg still hurts).  If the result is that I look better and live longer, that's just great!

Zachariah-Still crazy after all these years!

wmamey
on 12/1/12 1:01 am
RNY on 06/18/12
On December 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM Pacific Time, JudyJetson1 wrote:

Nope.  I want to be skinny.  I don't mean bone skinny, but I definitely am shooting towards that.  Whether my body will let it happen we will see, but Iet's face it, this surgery isn't all about getting healthy.  Lora brought up a great point the other day to a poster and it would be ludicrous to say we are only in this for our health.  I understand what you mean about curves.  Don't worry, you are very pretty and you will have a killer body with curves.  Even if we don't have skin removal surgery or tummy tucks we can get very creative with Spanx. I am 59 and too chicken for that surgery, but I am not oppose to a facelift, but that would scare the crap out of me after seeing the procedure on TLC! hahahahaha.  I always said I would do a full facelift by the time I was 50.  Well I turn 60 on Monday so I am going to find a plastic surgeon to see about injections.  I life in Plasticland of Southern California so Beverly Hills is full of great plastic surgeons that may have options I am not aware of. If I were younger, I swear I would have my boobs done, definitely my stomach my arms, you name it. Am I vain???  You bet.  You may see this as so superficial and that's ok.  At 60 I can do that!  Thanks for letting me ramble on about this.  I wish you the very best on this journey and will be be rooting for you along the way!  Oh, and the fact you are 5' 8" is a great advantage to how you are going to look also.  I am 5' 2" was 5' 4" when I was young so lucky you!  Take care and have a great holiday!  Jane the Vain

HaHa!! Jane I love that post!!! Yes, I too want to be skinny...AND healthy, lol!! I don't want much do I? I am focusing on it slowly. In fact like I said some people have commented to me that I have lost too much and I am skinny, I totally DO NOT see it or FEEL it. Oh, and I could definitely do a facelift!

AmberF
on 12/1/12 1:01 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

Thanks for your post I appreciate it and I think you see where I am coming from. My number one reason for doing this surgery is for my health. I want to be able to have children ( which the doctor says may be difficult at this size), and I want to be a good example for my future children and live a healthy active life. HOWEVER like you said maybe not for everyone but for me I want to look better. I am only 24 years old. Women of all ages and size want to look nice and be attractive. I 100% plan on losing the weight and after getting skin removal, tummy tuck, and a boob job and I dont think there is anything wrong with that Thankfully I have the finances to be able to do that. Im not comparing myself to anyone else. That is just my goal. I know thats a long way off and I have alot of other mini goals such as being able to do the peachtree road race here in Atlatna on the 4th of july. I would also like to move away from proccesed foods. Alot of it is health but hell yea I want to look good. I have spent my whole life being self conciouse

NaturallyMeka
on 12/1/12 1:16 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/26/12

The Peachtree Road Race is an awesome mini goal. I'd love to be able to do that myself. I completely know what you mean by wanting to retain some of your curves. I've often had the same thought. I'm 5'3/5'4 and wondering if I will end up being truly petite(small framed) or how I'll look. I just think your concerns are natural because it's a bit of an unknown. It'd be alot easier if it were something we could control huh. Overall as you said I'd just love to be healthy and way more active, I think my body will decide when it's done losing. I'm 32 and am REALLY looking forward to being alot more active than I have been in the past, I've started working on that pre-op. Good Luck :)

hannan
on 12/1/12 10:47 am - FL
RNY on 06/06/12

I'm with you! I want to be skinny. I want a flat tummy and firm thighs (yea I know I'll need some help with plastics). I like the look of my emerging collar bones and being able to fit into slinky dresses. I'm with you on the plastics too, I just have to wait until I have kids then I'm getting my whole body tucked lifted and sucked. 

OP: 

Curves are part of your genetics. My sister is now larger than me and she still has awesome curves and then you look at me while I may be skinnier I don't have better curves. 

In the end of the day we all had surgery for ourselves, and we are the only ones who have to be happy with the results.

Most Active
Recent Topics