I dont want to be to skinny

JenK130
on 12/1/12 1:12 am
RNY on 01/30/12

HA!  I second Jane the Vain!  I didn't go through surgery to be a Lane Bryant model.  I am shooting for Victoria's Secret!  Lane Bryant are actually two words I never want to speak (or shop) again!

But seriously you do whatever you feel comfortable with.  I am also 5'8".  My surgeon threw out a number of 145 and that kind of sticks in my head as a goal.  I am at 158 now and about a size 10.  People tell me not to lose anymore, but really and this is coming from my size 4 friends so really people I think 10 more pounds and a size 8 is completely reasonable!!

RNY 1/30/12  

AmberF
on 12/1/12 1:21 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

lol see everyone has there own taste! My surgeon also told me around 145 and I alway thought I would like somewhere around 160. That being said I cant remember what 160 even looks like on my considering I was probably in the 5th grade! Im thinking that wont look the same lol. I think everyone should do what makes them happy. You get the the weight that makes you happy. I think a size 8 is resonable as well! :) Im sure my friends will be putting in their two cents when they start losing. Sometimes on this board it seems like if you are not just saying health health health its like your commited murder or something. You better believe I want to be healthy I want to get off all these medicines so badly. I am a full time student and it kill me walking across campus all day! but I want to be able to walk across campus and not be out of breath ( health reasons) but I also want to where nice clothes and feel attractice and confident when I have to stand up in from of my class for presentaions. I want to look better and feel better.  

AmberF
on 12/1/12 1:25 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

Oh my goodness! I just read what I posted and wow there are a lot of mistakes in it! I guess I was trying to type wayyyyyy to fast lol

Candy V.
on 12/1/12 2:57 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

FYI- you can edit your posts.  It bothers me to see my typos, so I always go in and edit to fix mine:)   I think the button says more, then u can pick edit.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Sara O.
on 12/1/12 1:33 am, edited 12/1/12 1:34 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

I went from a lumpy size 20 to a curvy size 8 in less than 9 months thanks to my rny. If you really work out right and eat right your body won't get too small(bounce back weight is almost guaranteed somewhere down the line). Some people are built to be "skinny skinny" and some aren't. I got lucky--I'm proportionate for the first time since I was a kid. Just try not to focus too much on your size and concentrate on your health. It will work out and your body will stop losing weight when its ready. If you're meant to be curvy you'll be curvy.

Only 18.5 pounds to go till goal! (i still won't be a stick figure at goal which is a good thing)

p.s. i'm only 5'2" so 120 is a normal goal weight for someone my size. i'm very petite.

AmberF
on 12/1/12 1:40 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

I think you look great! That's pretty much what I was talking about to. I just want to be proportionate! I know my body will stop losing when its ready and I will be happy with my body as long as I am healthy.

Sara O.
on 12/1/12 6:32 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

Well thank you. :)

As long as being healthy is your goal you'll succeed. Good luck.

walterswife
on 12/1/12 1:33 am

I am a few weeks short of 3 years post op.  My goal was to get rid of my comorbidities and have a normal BMI.(in the mid 140s),  I also wanted to be a size 10 or 12.  My surgeon said the reason he does not give weight goals for his patients is because your body stops when it is ready to stop.

When I got to my goal I kept losing.  So here I am at the age of 61.  My comorbidities are all gone.  My weight bounces between 123 and 126.  I am wearing a size 2 and some size 2 clothing is too large.  After a lifetime of being obese (and I mean a lifetime--I weigh the same thing now as I did in the second grade), I am satisfied.  Of course, if I gained some weight, it would be fine but I am not going to spend time worrying about it.  It is what it is.  I frankly think I am too thin but that is where my body wanted to stop.

I have participated in the Peachtree RR two years in a row (2011 at the age of 60 and 2012 at 61).  I did a 5k last  month and have signed up for another one on January 1st.  I am more active now than I have ever been.

I say all this to say that there are some things you can control and others that you can't.  Stop worrying and enjoy the ride.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

AmberF
on 12/1/12 1:46 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

That's neat that you have done the peachtree road race twice! Im not really worried about it its just a thought that came into my mind. Here in the south men like their women a little curvy so for me it might be a cultural thing as well lol. I will be happy with however my body ends up as long as I am healthy. I have been over weight since elementary school as well and as I got older through high school and middle school I have always had a "dream" of what my body would look like if one day I was able to lose the weight that I wanted to lose thats really all this post was about. Im a tall girl I dont want to be a stick but if a stick is the size where I am healthy and off all these medicine and able to walk 5 minutes with out dying a stick is where I will be happy. Curvy is just my preference :) 

walterswife
on 12/1/12 1:53 am

I never thought there would be a time in my life when I would not be curvy. I just assumed the curves would always be there.  So much for that thought.  No hips, no butt, no nothing.  Oh well.  For the first time ever boots are too big in the leg and calf.   Previously the wide calf boots were too small.  Just goes to show you never know what life has in store for you. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?