What's your beef? (Rant Thread)

Ladytazz
on 12/6/12 6:43 am

I have a 17 year old daughter that I know I have *****ed about this e but she is the laziest kid in the world, expects me to do all the cooking, cleaning and take her where she wants to go at her whim but won't lift a finger to help.  Also *****es when i have one of my grandkids over because they bother her but sees nothing wrong with coming home in the middle of the night with 3 or more friends.  She only has one class this semester and that is too much for her.  She will be 18 in about 6 months and has no intention of moving out.  Well, I got news for her.  On July 1st she is out of here if she doesn't straighten up.

Also, I want to ***** about not being able to ***** about not gaining weight..  I am sensitive to the people who struggle.  I am a revision and I went through that with my first surgery but this time my surgeon removed most of my stomach and I can't eat much even now.  I am frustrated because I want to eat more but I am physically unable to after one point.  And I look like ****  I am almost 55 and being 105 doesn't look sexy, it looks haggard and old.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

JanBooth
on 12/6/12 8:04 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

My beef...I have NO clue what I want to do in life, as a career/job.  I worked as an LPN for nearly 30 years and one night, on the way home...crying the entire time, after working FIVE hours overtime...I decided to quit.  Also, I was in the process of going to school to bridge over from LPN to RN and was very nearly finished.  Quit school, too!  I just don't want to be a nurse anymore.  At least not in the area that I was working...geriatrics and palliative care (hospice).  Don't get me wrong, nursing was greatly rewarding, but with all the paperwork and legal schmegal stuff, it's too stressful.  And working with young women!  OMGoodness, evil...just evil.  Sorry if I offend any young women, but geesh.  So, I've been off from work for over 2 years now.  I did work with an agency, briefly, last year with our public school system as a visiting nurse.  Not my thing.  I've applied for far too many jobs online with one or two call backs.  I'm 51, almost 52, and not sure what to do. 
Another rant...my sleep schedule is completely messed up thanks to Black Friday.  I went shopping with my daughter and a few friends, staying up ALL night.  Prior to this, just after surgery, I was on a great routine/schedule.  I was in bed early, up early, doing housework, exercising regularly, eating and drinking on a schedule and now...it's all a mess!  I was up until 3am last night/morning, got up to get my daughter off to school, back to bed for a nap, back up and tired, I have yet to exercise...opted to get online and do this! We've moved my exercycle to another room to make room for the Christmas tree in the living room, so it's not as much fun to use without the TV in front. 
Next rants....I'm constipated, hungry, bored and growing very tired of crocheting.  I've nearly finished a scarf for my daughter, halfway through a shawl for myself and starting on scarves for my nieces' boys.  Crocheting was something that I enjoyed years ago and have just started again, after over 15 years of not doing it, trying to find something to keep my mind busy and off of food thoughts.
Lastly, not a rant...after reading all the postings about other people's teenagers, I feel truly blessed to have my daughter.  There are moments that I want to pull my hair out, but the other wonderful times FAR outweigh those few moments. 
Oh...and just in case, THANK YOU to all of you who may have answered a question or concern that I didn't thank. 

I kinda like this whole rant posting! 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

nfarris79
on 12/6/12 7:16 pm - Germantown, MD

My beef is mild in comparison but posting it anyway.... my espresso maker died today. :( And I'm not in the best mood since I've not been able to run since the Half-Marathon on Sunday due to a painful, blackened "Runner's Toe". So no caffeine in the am combined with not being comfortable makes me kinda a joy to live with.....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views