3 Weeks Post Op Feel Hungry

Soundmankc
on 1/14/13 7:03 am

Hello all,

I am new here and I have a question that has been nagging me for the past week. I looked to see if I could find my question but didn't have any luck so I thought I would ask. I am 3 weeks out and still seem hungry on occasion. Why is this? Is this normal? I seem to be hungry about every three hours. Also I haven't experienced vomiting or anything, maybe I am not eating enough? I have been measuring my foods. Any thoughts or ideas will help!

angeleigh
on 1/14/13 9:15 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Normally its head hungry, or not enough water or protein

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

scarlettbegonias
on 1/14/13 9:24 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

Some people can't vomit after RNY, like actually can not vomit and you certainly wouldn't aim to eat enough to make you WANT to vomit, my stomach gets extra noisy and I get where I feel like my blood sugars are maybe dropping after 3-4 hours sometimes but I don't get "hungry" like I used to, it's often me having not had enough fluids that triggers what I think is hunger but know isn't,also head hungers a *****!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

KimKinVA
on 1/14/13 9:29 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

I don't know if it's normal or not, because everyone seems to be different. But I started feeling hunger about 3 weeks out. I was really upset at first because I've heard so many people say they don't feel hunger for months after surgery. I thought something was wrong with me. But my doctor assured me that it can be normal. I do feel hungry about every 3 hours too. I have a follow up appt tomorrow and I will be asking if there's anything I can eat that will help keep me fuller for longer.

Soundmankc
on 1/14/13 9:53 am

Kim let me know what your doctor says....seems like we are on the same time frame as far as surgery.

robyn_fresh
on 1/14/13 9:44 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I felt this way too. I made a very concerned post about it. I find that I don't get truely hungry if I am getting in all of my water and protein drinks and eating 3, 2 oz meals every day. Mostly because I am literally constantly eating or drinking somethnig unless I'm asleep.

Soundmankc
on 1/14/13 9:52 am

Thanks all for your answers. Maybe I am not drinking enough water. I was afraid to drink allot of water thinking I would stretch my new pouch....maybe I'm just not putting down enough water. I know for sure I need to kick my protein up.

karenp8
on 1/14/13 11:14 am - Brighton, IL

You can't stretch your pouch with fluids. It's basically like a funnel with a hole at the top and a hole at the bottom. When you drink it basically goes right through. You need to drink at least 64  ounces every day and I have found if I drink more I seem to lose more weight.

ebtiger24
on 1/14/13 12:29 pm - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I absolutely get hungry. It's not head hunger either. The good thing is if you drink plenty of fluids you can fend it off. I eat pretty much every 3-4 hours. I just don't eat much more than 1/2 a cup of food at a time anymore.