Anyone out there have a "last meal" right before surgery?

Mr_Cratchit
on 1/22/13 12:33 am - NH
I sure did ! I even took pictures LOL My daughter was graduating college that day and we had a great time. I had surgery two days later and all went well.

Dani Dutch
on 1/22/13 2:45 am, edited 1/22/13 2:45 am - Netherlands

I had ribs, corn on the cob, cherry coke and some cake. Glad I did because the smell of pork makes me sick now and I dump on sugar.

Adrianne_Dawn
on 1/22/13 6:44 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

I actually went from a really strict diet to meet my weight loss guidelines to then a strict Atkins diet so I didn't really get to have a "dream" last meal. But - I did take the guy I was dating out to this nice restaurant and had a really amazing steak (as someone said above Steak is one of those things that some people can't digest very well - luckily i can!) and some veggies. I also had a glass of wine.  Best semi-healthy meal ever. 

Don't go overboard - last thing you want to do is spend 2 weeks eating junk and gaining 10 more lbs.  Eat something you enjoy but isn't to awful for you to actually eat. :)

Good luck on your surgery!!

Machita
on 1/22/13 11:32 am - MN

I sure did have a last meal before liquids,but now 10 months out I can't remember what it was. I'd do it again. It was MY way off grieving. It was MY way of marking the end of a stage in life. I was faithful to the liquids stage and have been really good (no perfect as I struggle too), but the new chapter in my life is so much better. 

Do what you need within your prep guidelines to make you new life successful. And... Love  every day of the new chapter!

seattledeb
on 1/22/13 4:51 pm

stale frosted flakes with marginally fresh milk. 

I was stuck in a blizzard.

Deb T.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 437 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 293 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 337 views
Recent Topics