Help! Hair issue :(

Camille R.
on 1/22/13 12:37 am - OH

Does anyone have any tips of how to make your hair stop falling out? Seems like my hair is flat and get oily really quick and it falls out like there's no tomorrow. Anyone have any tips to help these issues? I'm doing everything I'm suppose to. I'm almost 4 months out of surgery. If there isn't a way to help or fix the issue, when will it stop? 

Laura in Texas
on 1/22/13 12:42 am

Many people lose from about 3-9 months out. Mine fell out from months 3-7 and I noticed a lot of regrowth by month 9. I tried not putting my hair in a ponytail during that time (to not stress out the roots). not sure it helped, but made me feel better. Hang in there!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

soozowlapricot
on 1/22/13 1:05 am

do you take Biotin?  That's supposed to help.  I haven't started losing mine yet, ( only 5.5 weeks out)  but I try to take biotin everyday.

Dee.spunk
on 1/22/13 1:26 am - Sacramento, CA
There's not much you can do to prevent it from falling out. You can keep your protien up and take your vitamins to help the amount that falls out, but if its gonna fall out, it's gonna fall out. Your multi vitamin should have biotin in it already. Just be careful with taking extra biotin as this may promote facial hair growth which is permanent.

I just accepted the fact that my hair was gonna fall out and went and bought some wigs. Love them!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Heidi T.
on 1/22/13 1:27 am
RNY on 01/31/12

The only thing you can really do is increase your protien intake (be sure you are getting atleast 80 a day) and be sure that you take your vits every day. Good luck, I too lost alot of hair I am almost a year out and it is just starting to fill back in. You can get through this you should not loose it all, you should not go bald.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
ageofmiracles43
on 1/22/13 3:55 am - NJ

I was told to eat lots of protein, take omega-3 and vitamins daily, as well as biotin.  Garnier Fructis makes a shampoo called fall fight, and that seems to be working to some extent as well. I haven't lost any hair yet, but I know its early.  

Also, watch your blood sugar, high blood sugars can make your hair thin out too....

RNY 12/24/2012 SW: 245 CW: 220.6 GW: 135 

If God Brings You to it, God Will Bring You Through It.

Consuela N.
on 1/22/13 6:07 am - OH

My Dr told me to eat more protein and take biotin. I am 9 months out and I have a weave and it looks so natural that people do not know that it is my real hair. Everybody that knows me know that I love my hair. It was so long and thick, but I knew what could happen so I my beautician and I decided on the weaves and my real hair is getting thick again and healthy. I know it not the answer that you are looking for. I use to hate combing my hair because it use to shed so much.

Connie

mimijo
on 1/22/13 9:18 am

It happened to me also.  Lasted until about 9 months out and then slowed down to just about normal loss of hair.  I did not go bald but boy I was sure afraid I was going to.  My hair did thin but I had thick hair.  I am now 13 months out and my hair is getting thicker and starting to fill in.  You really would not know it if you were not me and freaking out seeing all that hair.  It is thinner and definately flatter, but a small price to pay for the almost 115 pounds I have now lost.  I am eating health and getting my protein, vitamins and I do take Biotin.  I also did stop washing my hair as much as I used to that did help a little. 

Good luck, but this too shall pass!!!! 

Mimi Jo

ronningeeb
on 1/22/13 9:25 am
RNY on 08/09/12

Mines falling out too, has been since about four months out, has increased in rate the last few weeks. I felt a clump roll down my leg in the shower the other day which kinda freaked me out. I hope that it stops soon. I don't notice much of a difference in the volume of my hair because it's curly. 

Machita
on 1/22/13 11:05 am - MN

I experienced this months 3-6. I wondered how much more I could possibly loose and found hair everywhere. Those close to me didn't seem to see the hair loss like I did. It wasn't as obvious for others. 

I kept up with vitamins and protein. I didn't do Biotin. 

Now at 10 months out I have 1.5 inch growths all over that I am so excited about!

it stops:)

Most Active
Recent Topics