big day is Tuesday and really getting scared

Melinda S.
on 2/2/13 5:29 am - TX
RNY on 02/05/13
Ok been on my liquid since Wednesday and I'm not.gonna lie I have cheated minimaly. But just a bit here and there and that just started yesterday. I am starting to.get very scared of my new life. I feel the mental hunger is going to kill me. I know I am not doing this.for what society thinks of me but for my health. BUT I FRECKING OUT!!!! I've wanted this for years but.it just came so fast. Not an alcoholic but always loved the serenity prayer. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not.change. the courage to change the things I.can and the wisdom to know the difference. Thank.you all of.you on this.site for helping me through this .journey. let's.just hope I.can make it through the.next couple of.months.
Kendra C.
on 2/2/13 5:45 am - Wiesbaden, Germany

I also have started n my pre-op diet and I am NOT enjoying it. I never thought I would miss chewing something, anything!  I really hope this gets better. Good luck to you!

Tammy S.
on 2/2/13 5:50 am - DE
Its completely normal to be scared. I will tell you honestly, I really did miss food at the beginning. Eating is such a social activity. Its a huge adjustment and still frustrating at times. I am still figuring out what to eat and how much. Its hard when I make dinner for everyone and only eat a spoonful. Its not bad, just different. But I no longer need medicine for reflux, my clothes are swimming on me, I feel better about myself, and I get compliments every day. I was very open about my surgery and have a great support system. The good far outweighs the bad. I had surgery 12/4, started losing in September, and have lost 60lbs total. Your doubts are very normal...but I would encourage you not to give up on your journey when you have already come so far....good luck!!

MichelleNC
on 2/2/13 7:05 am

Just think about it how this will help your health in the long run. This will add years to your life. My friend chews on little ice cubes the little balls for the chewing sensation. I never realized what she was doing when we were talking on the phone and one day said what is that noise? She said I can't eat as much but I like to chew things so I have ice balls that I chew on LOL. It works for her. Maybe you can freeze a protein drink and put it in your ice maker and run in in the small bits ice side and it will chop them up nicely to chew. I have 2 settings on my freezer and she showed me how to do this. Good Luck!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

brenlee1965
on 2/2/13 12:49 pm - New Berlin, NY
I never had the "mental hunger".....fact is, I don't get hungry at all; it's more like a feeling that "something is missing" Freaking out and the mental anxiety happens; that's normal....It's a BIG decision.....I can tell you....It is the BEST decision that I ever made in my life. The changes in yourself will astound you...over & over. I am 5 mths out and 101 pounds lost! If I am lucky and work hard, it will be gone forever. I love this site and the knowledge that has been shared here has helped me see that the whole thing isn't going to fun & easy; but that the rewards are well worth it! I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.
 Bren                
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/2/13 1:26 pm - OH

It is, of course, completely normal to be anxious as the date approaches.  I was very calm (but very excited) as my surgery date approached, and even slept fairly well the night before, but got REALLY panicky in the surgery prep room and I literally burst into tears when my surgeon poked her head in.  I affirmed that I did, indeed, want to go ahead with the surgery but needed some of the "courage medicine" (her pet term for Versed) she had promised we would get (the nurse was running behind and did not even have my IV in yet).  It was as if the full weight of what I was about to do to my body, the fear of the unknown, and the fear of failing yet AGAIN, hit me suddenly.

You will be fine. Focus on the positive aspects... on all the things you have not been able to do because of your weight that you will be able to do once the weight is gone, all of the improvements in your health, all of the things you WANT to do but your weight prevents you from doing.  It isn't easy, especially maintenance, but this is your best chance for losing the weight and keeping it off.  A year from now, you will likely be saying "this was the best decision I ever made!"

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

michaela67
on 2/2/13 9:17 pm

My surgery is Tuesday and I am also very nervous.  Im nervous about the pain afterwards I keep thinking about everything and I am making myself crazy.  Good Luck Melinda maybe we can talk at the end of the week and see how were doing

Melinda S.
on 2/2/13 11:32 pm, edited 2/2/13 11:33 pm - TX
RNY on 02/05/13
Thank you all for you words of encouragement. Thank god they doubled my xanax this month. I slept really well last night and woke up ready to conquer the world. Too bad my surgery isn't today right??? But I am a.strong Damn woman always have been. I can do.this!!!_
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views