So upset!!

mrspitts11367
on 3/1/13 12:12 am - VA
RNY on 01/30/13 with

I had my RNY on January 30th,2013.  I came home from the hospital weighing 286 lbs from the hospital. I lost 20lbs in the first 2 weeks. Now I am up and down between 266 and 270 lbs. for the last 2 weeks. I hope I did not do this just to lose 20lbs . I am ready to cry. I need to lose at least another 100lbs.  I have been walking and making sure I get my protein and being careful what I eat. Heck I can only eat mushy foods so my choices are super limited anyway. When does this stall end. Any suggestions?? I am getting really frustrated and upset. :(

Mrs.Pitts Surgery date: Jan. 30,2013.  HW: 291  SW:286   CW:263   GW: 160

MultiMom
on 3/1/13 12:18 am - NH

Please be patient....you are very new out of surgery and your body is still healing. You lost an enormous amount of weight in the first 2 weeks, and now your body is taking a little rest. A lot of people have a slow down (or stop) in the weight loss in the 2-3 weeks after surgery. If you are following the guidelines that you were given, and it sounds like you are, keep doing it and you will start losing again soon. If you average the weight loss that you had in the first month, that is 5 pounds a week. That is outstanding!!

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Scherrie Tappin
on 3/1/13 12:24 am - CT

Dear, please listen...All of us have experienced what you are going through, and it doesn't stop there. Through out this journey you will lose and stall and stall for days on end and with no apparent reason (in your mind) but it's all the body's doing. This surgery is a shock to your entire system. BUT REST ASSURED!! You will, YOU WILL lose the weight. Protein first, eliminate white carbs, water, water, water. You will be fine.  Right now you are in malasorption (which is the god-send tool). Use it to your advantage! Please dont worry so....You don't worry so about this. I wish I'd have listened to the many veterans here on OH cause they were so right when they told me the same thing over and over again.  You are doing just fine! Be blessed!

RNY 5/25/2011                        
daphneb
on 3/1/13 12:31 am - AK

Be patient, it takes a good three months before you really start to see a steady loss.  Up to that point, your body is adjusting and it will take a bit to get it all worked out. 

Hang in there, I understand how frustrating it is when you don't see the results all the time.  It's part of the process.  Just keep taking it day by day.

Jen S.
on 3/1/13 1:33 am

I am only a little over a week ahead of you and I have been through the same thing. My body is just now starting to lose on a more regular basis. It is definitely frustrating and depressing at times but you have to stick to the plan and trust that it will work.  

Tracy91002
on 3/1/13 2:38 am
RNY on 01/17/13

I had surgery on 1/17 and I had a three week stall.  I felt the same way you do.  Patience is hard, but it will start coming off again.  Hang in there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 70 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?