Therapy

Susan M.
on 3/1/13 9:06 pm - Howell, MI

I was going to look into therapy, I am still struggling with head hunger and and think I need some help getting past this so I do not fail at my success, I love this new tool and how I feel since losing the weight but I am so nervous about re-gain and I seem to be having a very hard time with carbs, mostly crackers and chips I have stopped having most in the house but still crave them a lot. Feels out of control some times. If I look into therapy is there a special type I am looking for? Any help is appreciated. 

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

MultiMom
on 3/1/13 9:12 pm - NH

Addiction therapy. Food is an addiction and should be treated that way. It's good to jump on it now, good for you for seeing that there may be a problem regaining. 

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

poet_kelly
on 3/1/13 10:47 pm - OH

Any good therapist should be able to help you.  You might find cognitive behavioral therapy helpful - it helps you change your behavior by changing the way you think.  Most therapists are familiar with it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bratlyn98
on 3/2/13 12:16 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12

That's a huge step recognizing you may have the addiction again. I give you TONS of Kudos! 

Surgery Date: RNY: 12/19/12

Weight in: 221 lbs

Starting weight: 235 lbs

Linda K.
on 3/2/13 12:29 am
RNY on 08/01/12

Therapy is great!  I see my therapist once a week.  We discuss triggers, issues, my responses.  I also see my nut every 6 weeks, this seems to help because I am not only accountable to myself but someone else.  I am working with as many support people I can get.

lyn

lyn

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/2/13 2:36 am

The psychologist from our bariatric center has month support meetings were we talk about issues post op like hunger, triggers, etc. See if there is something like that at the center where you had your surgery.

If not, who did your psych eval before surgery?  Maybe that person is a possibilty. 

Winnie

Susan M.
on 3/2/13 7:15 am - Howell, MI

Thank you all for the help. 

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

awdoinger
on 3/2/13 8:56 am - TN
You might want to see if there is an eating disorder clinic anywhere near you. I called my local clinic last year and ended up doing great outpatient program with them. I'm pre-op and I think it had really put me in a much better head space to approach surgery.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 489 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 489 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 359 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 79 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?