Cymbalta? Can I take it right after surgery??

AprilFresh4U
on 3/6/13 9:03 am - OH
RNY on 03/25/13

I have used cymbalta for about a year now preop and it is the only thing I have taken that takes the edge off of my chronic back pain. It does give me sometimes severe morning sickness. I am worried I will have to stop taking it because it is time release and I cant take pills for a while after my surgery. Has anyone taken this preop? what did you have to do since it does not come in a liquid form?

Amelia L.
on 3/6/13 9:06 am
RNY on 08/20/12

I took it the day after surgery in pill form.  No problem with it.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 3/6/13 10:02 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I took Cymbalta right after surgery also.  I have been taking Cymbalta since 2004 and it still works the same now as it always has.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

AprilFresh4U
on 3/6/13 10:40 am - OH
RNY on 03/25/13

I hope my surgeon will do the same. I have some much anxiety about it. Thanks!

JaneJetson60
on 3/6/13 11:54 am
RNY on 05/07/12

It's dangerous to stop this medication abruptly!!!!  You have to be weaned off of it.  You need to talk to your surgeon ASAP possible and he should have known what meds you are on and not having you not take any medications after surgery unless it's in liquid form means something is not right.  Get online and research this so you can get informed about what medications you are taking and all side effects, ESPECIALLY stopping them right after surgery.  Sigh..........I don't get it with doctors sometimes.  This is why YOU have to be your own advocate when it comes to your well being and health.  Please follow up on this and wish you the best of luck.  Jane

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 3/6/13 12:11 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Why do you have to only take medications in liquid form after surgery?  I was swallowing pills within 24 hours after surgery.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

exohexoh
on 3/6/13 12:53 pm - West Chester, PA

the asmbs says you can swallow pills as soon as you can tolerate them. many of us were given pills to take in the hospital and have had no problems. i would assume this is what her surgeon is planning. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

juleskar
on 3/6/13 12:06 pm

Ok guys, I thought we couldn't take extended released medications?!? I had to stop taking Cymbalta because of this. Can anyone clarify this??

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 488 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 488 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 76 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?