question for the ladies...

mrspitts11367
on 3/7/13 9:22 am - VA
RNY on 01/30/13 with

How long does it take for our monthly periods to regulate?? I had my surgery 5 weeks ago. I had my first period at the 3 week mark and it lasted 4 days.  It was really rough. Now I am having another period 2 weeks later. WTF? I have not lost that much weight. I have only lost 20lbs since I got out of the hospital. I stall with every period and only lost like 3lbs between these two periods. UGH... Help !!  How long before i am back to normal?  

Mrs.Pitts Surgery date: Jan. 30,2013.  HW: 291  SW:286   CW:263   GW: 160

SarahLee1969
on 3/7/13 9:55 am - NY
Great question! Wish I had an answer for you.
I am 7 months out and should only get a period every 4 months due to birth control schedule. Mid January I had a 2 1/2 week period with lots of cramping and back pain and zits! I started with the zits on Sunday and by Wednesday I started cramping and back pain =\ I am not due per my pill schedule and these periods are longer and more miserable than I have experienced since I was a teenager!
Greatfull for this tool, but struggling with the hormonal shifts. Hoping tomorrow the cramps are better... Tylenol and corn bags are helping right now
JamieM269
on 3/7/13 9:56 am - MI

I wish I could help!  My surgery was on 12/12/12 I have lost 57 lbs and my monthly never changed.  Hopefully you will get back on track soon!  Congrats on the 20 lbs that's AWESOME!!

poet_kelly
on 3/7/13 10:00 am - OH

Took me about nine months.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

selhard
on 3/7/13 10:01 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Get this...I'm old and have had a two classic-acting (tender breasts, backache, ruddy skin, etc.) periods since WLS.  Thought I was through with all that and am wondering if something might be wrong?  Anyone over 50 years old have this happen, too?  Guess it's time for us to call the nurse/doctor.

mrspitts11367
on 3/7/13 10:10 am - VA
RNY on 01/30/13 with

I am 45yrs old. I am peri menopausal.  I had sporadic periods for the last year. I was hoping I was getting close to being done.  But I really encourage you to go immediately to your gyno and get checked. My older sister had some bleeding after she was through menopause. She was diagnosed with clear cell cancer which is a aggressive cancer of the female organs after menopause. She is having a hysterectomy on Weds March 13th. She could possibly have to have chemo or radiation. So I beg you to please go immediately and be checked. It is aggressive and grows fast. :(   I am just hoping that these periods level out because they are causing me to stall. I hate that. :(

Mrs.Pitts Surgery date: Jan. 30,2013.  HW: 291  SW:286   CW:263   GW: 160

KendraB1
on 3/7/13 10:06 am - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
On March 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM Pacific Time, mrspitts11367 wrote:

How long does it take for our monthly periods to regulate?? I had my surgery 5 weeks ago. I had my first period at the 3 week mark and it lasted 4 days.  It was really rough. Now I am having another period 2 weeks later. WTF? I have not lost that much weight. I have only lost 20lbs since I got out of the hospital. I stall with every period and only lost like 3lbs between these two periods. UGH... Help !!  How long before i am back to normal?  

I got my period the month after surgery and it has only lasted 4-5 days each month. Im lucky though because that initial weight loss helped jump start my period again! And I didn't have it for about 10 montha before bc i was to heavy.
HFrederick613
on 3/7/13 10:25 am - PA

I had mine the week before surgery on 2-6 and haven't had one since.  I was just beginning to wonder about this since I am now a week late.  No matter what there is no chance of being pregnant so I guess I am just enjoying the brake while it lasts.

Heather

debbie A.
on 3/7/13 10:41 am - inland empire, CA

that is a good question. I havent had surgery yet. I had a lot of bad periods for about 2 years. I'm 46 and I was just tired of it. So I went to the gyn dr and she gave me an IUD and it stopped my periods now for about 1 year. I can have it till I start menopause. I had my tubes tied 15 yrs ago so I didnt need the birth control part but it has helped me tremendously.

Laura in Texas
on 3/7/13 11:06 am

It took around a year for mine to get back on track.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views