Loss of appetite due to stress of divorce

gek9742000
on 3/26/13 5:31 am
RNY on 10/29/12

So my husband and I are finally splitting up.  This is actually a good thing but at the same time I am so stressed out.  I have to buy a whole bunch of stuff for my new apt and I am broke.  I have to pay $100 to file motions for custody.  Ex is an alcoholic.  He was sober for 4 years and started drinking again about 2 months ago.  I only became aware of the problem 3 weeks ago when he came home so drunk woke the kids and yelled at me for 30 minutes until he called the cops.  He wanted the police to kick me out of the house.  The week prior he got his keys taken away at a bar.  He called the cops to have his keys returned to him.  The cops told him to find a ride home because there was no way he was driving.

I am waiting on an apartment that is being remodeled and I live in a small town so my options are so limited.  My son does not want to move out of the district.  I want to get the hell out of dodge.  My job is out here but I could still move to a different city but I don't know if that is the right thing for my kids.  And speaking of my job - it is brand new.  I start Monday and it sounds really, really good.  I got a big enough raise that I can actually support the kids on my own because alcoholic ex does not hold down jobs so child support is going to be sporadic.  It is a nightmare having to wait to move.  Last weekend ex didnt come home and saw the bank account with hotel bills.  Just what I want to see - even though I hate him I don't want to think about what he is doing while partying it up at the bars.

So anyway - I have lost my appetite.  I am forcing down protein shakes...how long can I keep this up?  Will 2 protein shakes with Milk be enough to keep me going without losing any nutritional factors?  I am sucking down water but I cannot eat. 

250 day of surgery 
150 current weight
135 goal weight

cajungirl
on 3/26/13 6:05 am

Been there, done that.  If you want to talk or vent feel free to PM me.  I lost 22 lbs when my ex and I separated and divorced (2011).  I've since gained about 10 lbs back and look better.  They call it the divorce 10, 15, 20 lbs around these parts. 

I had to force myself to eat or drink shakes as much as I could.  This will hopefully be temporary for you also....just do what you can.  I wish you best.  I too considered mine a good thing but it still wasn't an easy situation and trying to take care of kids emotionally takes some time and work. 

My ex was also an alcoholic....I really do understand.  Might I suggest you consider opening a new checking and/or savings account asap.  Close the one you have so the "ex" can't damage your credit by NSFs either.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

noftessa0401
on 3/26/13 6:12 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/27/12

It is amazing how resilient the body is. You will be okay for a while, but then you really need to make sure you are consuming enough.  If you aren't healthy, then you can't be there properly for your kids.  You need to take care of you.

As far as the other issues, I can relate.  I would suggest seeking a free consultation with a family law attorney, so you know what you can expect, and what you can and can't do with your current assets.

Good luck, and come here as often as you need to vent. 

HW: 274 | SW: 232 | CW: 137 | Goal: 145 (ticker includes a 42 pound loss pre-op) | Height: 5'4"

M1: -24 (205) | M2: -14 (191) | M3: -11 (180) | M4: -7 (173) | M5: -7 (166) | M6: -8 (158) | M7: -11 (147) | M8: -2 (145) | M9: -3 (142) | M10: -2 (140) | M11: -4 (136) | M12: -2 (134) | M13: -0 (134) | M14: -3 (131) | M15: +4 (135) | M16: +2 (137)

glad2balive
on 3/26/13 6:49 am

I am sorry for what you are going thru. Please take care yourself by drinking as much protein shakes and fluids as possible and taking your vitamins. I pray this will work out for you and your kids. You seem to be making the best choice for you all. GOOD LUCK! Message me anytime.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

thynnlynn
on 3/26/13 7:09 am - MI

Lots of stress here too.  Just came home from a long trip for my 2 week check up and checked my bank account only to find out that I am going to bounce 3 checks. blush  I keep forgetting about an automatic insurance withdrawal I have.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

tarsanne
on 3/26/13 8:34 am - MO
I've been there too. My ex was a meth user, cooker, and distributer, an alcoholic, pothead, gambling addict, who slept with everyone but me. Feel free to pm me as well. Hang in there hon, fast forward a few years- I am happily married to a man that treats me like a princess!
gek9742000
on 3/26/13 8:55 am
RNY on 10/29/12

Thank you I needed to hear that.  Because definitely worried Ill end up in the same mess I am getting out of.

250 day of surgery 
150 current weight
135 goal weight

Sherry T.
on 3/26/13 11:42 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

You are not alone...I had surgery with the hopes that I could lose enough weight and get a job to support myself and my son.  I had a great job with great benefits for someone with a high school education.  I lost it due to the stress of my alcoholic husband....He also, had a great job and we could afford for me to stay at home.  I did actively look for the 19 months I was home but I was so big by that time, I looked and felt like a walking health liability.  No one ever called me back for a second interview.  I will say he supported me fully in having this surgery.  It was the second day at the hospital while he laid up in the hotel drinking that really did it for me and then add a family trip to the beach on Labor Day last year where I played babysitter all weekend.  I decided job or no job...for me and my son I had to go, so I called my sister and a very dear friend of hers..came over and we packed up what I wanted to bring that day and was gone....it took about a week and I had movers there and got the rest of my stuff. Thank God for my family.   I do live with my Mom because I took a drastic cut in pay but so thankful for the job I do have.  My ex has never made it past 34 days before he fell off the wagon.  You know the story...support me, help me....but does nothing for himself.....it didn't take long after I left he lost his 80k a year job with the federal government so bye bye benefits. 

I was so happy to be out of that nightmare, all I had to do was just focus on me and my son that it was actually a pretty happy time.  It was stressful for the first month because I didn't have a job and didn't like the thoughts of my Mom paying my bills but we survived and I am so much better for it. I've started college and while it's a struggle sometimes living with family and an ADHD kid.  Life is so much better! 

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Hang in there and hold on!  You will make it!!

Sherry

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 223 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views