What to wear when running???

Sarah C.
on 4/30/13 1:42 am - AR
RNY on 09/05/12

So! I'm 7 months post op and I'm ready to start running.  I mean really running.  but i have this problem that I'm sure many of you can relate to....my excess skin around my middle and my remaining gut.  What do you recommend to wear to hold that in place while running/jogging/working out?  I thought about wearing my spanx, but I've dropped THREE sizes in Spanx and i'm not sure if they'll hold everything in place like I'm wanting.

Exercise has been bad for me this month, but I'm feeling motivated (my brother's wedding is in 4 weeks! and I HAVE to wear a dress!) and now that the weather is nicer and the sun is out longer, running is something I've always wanted to try.  Heck, I even have a fab treadmill! 

So anyway, is there anything out there that someone can recommend for keeping things from moving too much?  I don't mind that it's unsightly, but it's annoying and borderline painful when gravity takes over. 

Thanks in advance for any tips!!  :D :D 

Dee.spunk
on 4/30/13 1:52 am - Sacramento, CA
Like you, I use spanx. I buy them on eBay cause I was spending to much at the retail stores. Usually about $15. That way if you stop a size, you won't feel so bad buying a new pair.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Laura in Texas
on 4/30/13 1:55 am

I like Wal Mart Sweet Nothings shapewear. It's inexpensive. I wear the capris when I exercise because it holds my jiggly legs in place.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

karenp8
on 4/30/13 2:03 am - Brighton, IL

I wear my shapewear when  exercise to hold all the jiggles in place. It really does help! Congrats on your new motivation. I know I feel great when I exercise and you will too!

Kim S.
on 4/30/13 3:15 am - Helena, AL

Before plastics I wore compression shorts-bought as Academy. 

After plastics, I wear the running shorts with the built in "panty", or the fitted stretchy shorts or a running skirt.  For tops, I wear a fitted tank with built in bra, and once it gets really hot, I wear just the "bra tops".....I'm very close to nekkid once it gets to be 100 degrees.......

Neen L.
on 4/30/13 4:29 am, edited 4/30/13 4:30 am - Arlington, VA

The Spalding bra-tanks have really good compression in the middle:

I wish I could remember the brand name of this one. It zips up the front and has adjustable corseting for compression in the back:

Aurorae and Gaiam also sell compression tanks that are pretty great. Sometimes you can find the Gaiam ones in Target. If you're looking for inexpensive, check out some of the Champion brand items. Best of luck with your running goals! It's tough at first, but soon you'll be flying. :-)

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Sarah C.
on 5/1/13 11:48 pm - AR
RNY on 09/05/12

Thank you everyone for your responses!  Much like everyone else, I'm not receiving notifications when someone responds, so I apologize for taking so long to show my appreciation. 

I tried to find something at Target yesterday, but was unsuccessful as it wasn't as organized as usual.  Next stop, academy. 

I tried on the dress for the wedding and although I've lost 6 or 7 lbs since I first tried it on, NOW it doesn't fit.  I'm mortified.  I have a month.  I can do this.  I just have to do everything possible and running will be part of that. 

again, thank you for your help and guidance!! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views