Triger foods!!!!

Bibi723
on 5/5/13 6:04 pm - IL
RNY on 11/20/13

As i have been taking more time to eat my food and trying to stop as my body tells me i am full has been working. Today i was out of control with dinner made pasta and it seems that it is one of my trigger foods where its hard for me to not over eat.. any one have Trigger foods ???? How can i eat pasta and deal with his trigger food that seems to make me over eat ????

karenp8
on 5/5/13 8:25 pm - Brighton, IL

Pasta is a trigger food for me too so I just avoid it. I have had one bite of pasta since surgery in August and luckily it made my pouch feel terrible. I know I don't do moderation well so I just steer clear.

Bibi723
on 5/6/13 7:54 am - IL
RNY on 11/20/13

Any chance it will be easier after surgery ?

Larry Wassmann
on 5/5/13 10:26 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Bread, pasta, rice and baked potatos are trigger foods for me, and I don't bring them in the house and have not had any for a year now and to tell you the truth I don't miss them anymore. I was told I can have any hard bread products like saltine crackers, and now taco shells, just not any soft bread products. So far that works for me. If you love those trigger foods, look for some food that will take its place for you. If not you will have trigger foods all over your body again. For me, in the past, I was covered with low fat, fat and low calorie fat, the very best kind..

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

beverlyp
on 5/5/13 10:37 pm

French Fries.  Love em, can't stop myself.  Never met a fry that I didn't like.  Treat them like venomous snakes now.  Won't bring them in the house. 

Washu
on 5/5/13 10:49 pm

Pasta is also a bad one for me. Even if it's cold in the fridge as leftovers. I think we'll have to make sure leftovers are portioned into meals to be frozen so they can't just be munched on in a quick second. Also - I have to measure. I'm pre op and allowed 1 cup of whole grain pasta with my dinner meal. If I don't measure I'll eat three cups in a blink. So those are my strategies I plan on using, freeze leftovers in meal portions, measure my current meal and stay away from the serving dishes. I still have to cook for a family of five! Ahhhh, life. That was the hardest part about this decision, knowing I'll still be cooking my families favorites but not able to indulge. I'm, thankfully, passed that worry now and just leave the room if I feel myself wanting to eat the fridge. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com  HW 275 SW 253 CW 155 - 5'2" Age 35 RNY 5/10/13

Linda K.
on 5/6/13 12:52 am
RNY on 08/01/12

If it is a trigger food I don't keep it in the house or eat it.  Once started I don't know how to stop.

lyn

wana_b_me
on 5/6/13 1:37 am - NJ

fire fire fire stay away or you'll get burned. remember when we we're children we we're told don't play with matches don't do drugs. those of us who did learned the hard way. good luck and if your not already get involved in support groups.

HW 242 SW 232  CW 164 GW 130  

crazedteacher
on 5/6/13 3:50 am - SC

pizza is mine, but I have learned that I can eat one piece of veggie pizza and it satisfies my craving.  I am learning moderation, which is why I am in the situation I am in now!  Good luck!

Bibi723
on 5/6/13 7:57 am - IL
RNY on 11/20/13

Thank you every one , I am trying my hardest to learn new habits before surgery. I am  in support group but its 2 hrs from my home and only 1 time a month.  

Most Active
Recent Topics