Gov Christie had lap band

MichelleNC
on 5/6/13 9:16 pm
I Am excited for him and his future. I hope it is a success for him and he gets his health back. He has lost 30 lbs so far they said. Good Job Gov. Christie! I always feel so full of hope when someone joins us on the losers bench.

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

nurl
on 5/6/13 10:16 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
I just heard this on the news . I wish him the best on his journey
BWB
on 5/6/13 11:14 pm

I hope he has great success but why lap-band?  

Sara O.
on 5/6/13 11:28 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

The band works better for men than for women. Also his doc may only specialize in the band. I can only guess it could be those or both.

BWB
on 5/7/13 2:46 am

I haven't heard that before.  I can only imagine how hard it is going to be for him to manage a healthy eating plan on his schedule.

cajungirl
on 5/7/13 7:18 am

I've never heard the band works better for men than women either.  I know several men that had the band and have gained 80-100% of their weight back as some women have too.

The results of the band are horrible long-term.  I don't know why he chose the band but I do wish him the best.  I really wonder if people choosing the band today really do any research at all?  Oh my the complication rates are significant and the band isn't meant to last forever so more than likely someone choosing it will (most likely) face another surgery in the future.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Sara O.
on 5/7/13 9:38 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

It was something I was told at a support group by a nurse who had wls. I don't know all the details but I hear that women have a worse time losing with it than men do. Every surgery will have people *****gain, its just a fact of life.

KatMom
on 5/6/13 11:15 pm
RNY on 07/24/12
Yes I just read this today as well. I wish him the best of luck on his journey. Being in the public eye like he is can be difficult and all the criticism he will take if he doesn't lose "enough" or "fast enough".
 He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche 

cymbalom
on 5/7/13 12:11 am
I'm pleased to hear this. I have said, "He doesn't stand a chance at the Presidency unless he loses some weight." And skinny people say, "Oh, come on, people aren't that prejudiced against fat people." But people who have walked our path agree, because we know exactly how prejudiced people are about weight.

Angie in Missouri

305(h)+++++++++249(c)++++++++++++++++++++++++++++200(g)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views