Seeking suggestions, losing weight faster

maryottawa
on 5/15/13 2:16 pm - Canada
My surgery was may 2. My surgery weight 252 my first week i lost 8 pounds, my second week 3 pounds. My protein go around 40 to 60. More 40 that 60. I would like to loss more weight. I walk 2 times a days. I would like to know if you have somes tips or advice. Thank you.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

poet_kelly
on 5/15/13 2:20 pm - OH

11 lbs in just two weeks is really rapid weight loss.  I'm sure everyone would like to lose faster, but realistically, you're doing very well.  I don't know of any tricks to lose faster than that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/15/13 2:26 pm - OH

I agree with Kelly.  Losing 11 pounds in two weeks is pretty damn fast.  How fast do you expect to lose??

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

maryottawa
on 5/15/13 2:45 pm - Canada
The problem i need to come back at school in 3 month. I need to buy my uniform clothes a that time, which I will use for my next two years. I wouldn't be walking with me pants down or with a huge jacket. I want to lose weight as much as I can these 3 months.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MrsLitch
on 5/15/13 2:55 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

The clothes you buy in 3 months won't fit you at 4 months more than likely and not at 5 mo etc.

You are already losing above the average of 3-5 pounds a week, I don't think you'll get much faster than now and you will have weeks where you don't lose at all. Just stick with your program and the weight will come off. Just don't buy  too much when you go back to school because once you get in smaller sizes they drop faster with less weight loss. I've bought a pair of 18s on a Tuesday and on Thursday when I went to wear them I could pull them down without unbuttoning them, it really can drop inches that fast sometimes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Suzi S.
on 5/16/13 11:31 pm - Houston, TX
RNY on 01/14/13

I have the same problem with work clothes and them being so expensive.   What I've done is bought one outfit and a couple of different shirts at the outlet store and then I wash them and wear them until they are falling off and do the same thing.  I would suggest giving your washer a workout instead of buying multiple uniforms.  They won't fit more than a month or so, and often its more expensive to have them altered.  The good news is that you won't really mind when see how much better you are feeling without the extra weight.

RNY:  1/14/2013, HW:  220, SW: 207, CW:  182.8, GW:  125

Justcallmesuz
on 5/15/13 2:49 pm
RNY on 05/08/13

You can always have your clothing taken in.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

sbridges
on 5/15/13 2:55 pm

I am 6 months out and I weighed 227 leaving hospital I weigh 171. I personally think you are doing great, I work a bariatric surgeon who did my surgery! You have to give your body a chance to adjust be patient! Don't want to lose too fast! You are doing awesome!!

glad2balive
on 5/15/13 10:44 pm

You are doing great! Remember to drink as much fluids & protein as you can. Exercise. Take your vitamins (when allowed). Follow doctor's plan.

Sorry to tell you again that your uniforms will not fit that far away if you follow the plan.

GOOD LUCK!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Kim S.
on 5/15/13 10:49 pm - Helena, AL

Trying to increase the weight loss at this point is about as effective as trying to potty train a 6 month old baby...........AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

You did not gain it overnight.  You will not lose it overnight.  Right now, learn new eating habits that will carry you through the rest of your life.  Follow your plan.  The rest, will take care of its self.

You can wear a belt or take your uniforms in......for the first year, I changed sizes EVERY SINGLE MONTH.