Help! Sharp pains and bathroom problems

Camille R.
on 5/24/13 11:21 pm - OH

I'm having issues going to the bathroom. I only go if I take something to help. Only been having this problem the past 2-3 weeks. And when I haven't gone in 2-3 days I start having super sharp pains on the left side under my ribs. I was having signs of gallbladder issues, but since I've changed up my diet they haven't been as bad, but that's when I've realized I'm having the other problem (bathroom and pains on left). Anyone know what I should do or what could be wrong? I've lost 116lbs since sept 25, so hopefully it's nothing to do with that quick weightloss

datachick
on 5/24/13 11:33 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

The best thing would be to make an appt with your PCP. Let us know what they say.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Amanda M.
on 5/25/13 3:33 am
RNY on 01/18/13
I second that making an appointment with either your PCP or your surgeon is important. But also try a stool softener everyday, some people need to take them twice a day. Good luck!

Sonogrrl
on 5/25/13 10:37 am
RNY on 05/22/12

That happened to me when I didn't poop often enough...I tried over the counter things but they were too harsh, major blowouts. I added 2-3 Sunsweet prunes to my diet each day and it has done wonders! No more sharp pains and pooping regularly. Just a thought.

RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
emt_amy
on 5/26/13 2:51 am - MN
your gallbladder is on your right side under the ribs.
i am currently dealing with bowel issues since my surgery in 9/11. i am taking mirilax every morning and senna(one without the laxative) twice a day. was in the er a week and a half ago with major stomach pain on the right side. after sitting there dehydrated and very tired(long story) for 7 hrs they came in and told me i was severely full of stool. ive been told this this whole time..... long story short, keep up on it and hound your pcp or surgeon on this. if you are constipated dont let it get as bad as mine.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/26/13 5:39 am - OH

Adding some healthy fats into your diet may help.  Things like full fat cheese and nuts are easy ways to get protein and a little fat without adding too many calories.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics