Surgery in 24 days...I am prepping, prepping and doing more prep!

Love2travel4
on 8/3/13 7:49 am
Got my date: August 27th! I am making my lists of ???? for my NUT & Doctor Pr op appts. Also making ,y packing list. Today I went to a local ( well, a little over an hour away) nutrition store that my center recommends. They offer sample sizes (1 serving) of any protein powder in the store for $1.95! They carry many types that I can't get at the local stores. I bought 9 samples: Matrix, Chike, Syntrax (anxious to try the juice and ice tea ones). Also bought some Isopur.

I hear that my taste buds may change after surgery, so I will wait to try these and then go back for what I like.

Tminus 24 days!
BWB
on 8/3/13 7:58 am

Your hospital may offer Isopure and you can take extra for later at home.  Personally I can't stand it but had a chance to try it in the hospital.

JaneJetson60
on 8/3/13 9:16 am
RNY on 05/07/12

A change in taste buds is putting it mildly.  Oh Lordie, I so agree with BWB about the Isopure.  Looking at the bottles make me sick to even look at.  Good that you bought just samples.  I spent hundreds of dollars literally on protein drinks and powders until I could finally settle on a few.  It didn't do me any good to really like a protein drink before because after surgery I held onto many powders hoping months down the road they would work.  Not.  Just keep trying and the best of luck on this new journey!  Janekiss

Stacyjanp
on 8/3/13 11:32 am - NC
RNY on 09/30/13

I'm scheduled for my RNY on the 26th.

i have also purchased many brands of protein powders, syntax nectar (sp.) unjury chicken soup protein and unflavored protein powder.thus far I have only tried the vanilla and I put a scoop of decaf instant coffee and almond milk in it. It tastes fine.

i guess the proof will be if I survive the 2week protein shake only pre-op diet.

not looking forward to that but it will be worth it if surgery is easier with a less fatty liver.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Highest Weight 225. Day of Surgery Weight 212.

Love2travel4
on 8/3/13 11:44 am
Where do you find unjury products? I have heard about them, but yet to see them. Maybe online? Very anxious for my pre op appt on August 13, as I have no idea what my die will be. I know we ate asked to do the 2 week liver shrinking diet. I am hoping it is the shakes, as I ave been trying o get myself ready or the past 6 weeks or so. I have a protein shake for breakfast and lunch each day, then protein based dinner with veggies.
Velma44
on 8/3/13 12:08 pm

Don't forget to do exercise to et ready as well, strong core and good aerobic fitness helped make surgery a breeze fr me :).

Love2travel4
on 8/4/13 4:40 am
I have always been an exercise person, gym 3-4x a week,I just ate too much!!! I have continued with my exercise regimen but increased it already to 5-6 days a week, 45-60 minutes. Spin class 2x week, cardio etc. I need to add weight training soon.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics