b12 question

sarahmathis1681
on 8/1/13 2:34 pm
RNY on 02/13/12

ok my surgeon has me on b12 injections cause my b12 was too low im also taking 2500 mg once a day of b12 and im still exhausted what is the deal i have slept most of the day today and ive been sleepy all week what else could it be why im so tired thanks

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

gracesmadonna
on 8/1/13 3:43 pm - Hudson Falls, NY

What about your Iron?

Katie K.
on 8/1/13 9:09 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
How are you taking the extra B12? Is it sublingual, because we can't absorb it if it's a pill that we swallow.

poet_kelly
on 8/1/13 10:01 pm - OH

Well, many things can cause fatigue, not just low B12.  How's your iron?  Your vitamin D?  Are you getting enough liquids?  Enough protein?  Are  you sick?  Are you getting enough rest?

Also, how long has it been since you had labs done and your B12 was low and you increased the amount of B12 you take?  And how low was your B12?  It takes some time to get your level back up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sarahmathis1681
on 8/1/13 10:40 pm
RNY on 02/13/12

ive been under alot of stress lately and ive got a cold so i guess that could be it my other labs were fine hopefully when things cool down i will be ok thanks

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

Joy V.
on 8/2/13 12:27 am - St. Robert, MO
RNY on 07/10/13

My doctor told me that I have to eat a few carbs every day too to help fuel my body.  Sounds like you are just run down from the stress and a cold.  Take a few days an let your body rest and recuperate. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 460 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics