Bacon Bits..... anyone try them?

Momma1991
on 9/12/13 11:36 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

I am having a baked potato with cheese and I put some bacon bits on it. I see its not high in fat nor has any sugar in it.... But the ingredients say there is sugar in it....... Anyone try the Oscar Myer Bacon Bits?? 

artroxy blue
on 9/12/13 11:56 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

What about just cooking up bacon and crumbling it yourself? Then you know it's just bacon and not other fillers and flavorings "like" bacon? 

angeleigh
on 9/12/13 12:05 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Bacon is a staple in my everyday menu. I buy 2 packs a week, and cook it all at one time. In the oven (350 degrees, for about 40 mins) then I pull it off the 1/2 cake sheet I use and drain off the fat then let it cool on paper towels. I store it in the fridge in a gallon size baggie. When I want some I toss it in the microwave for 15 secs to heat it up, but a lot of the time I am putting it on a sandwich. 1 slice of bread, toasted, with ham and cheese.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Jacob H.
on 9/12/13 12:22 pm - CA

I love bacon bits but if I have to many they seem to stick in my stomach, I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else. I originally thought it was the foods I put it on, but one day it sounded like a great snack. I only had a bite; it didn't work out very well

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

Steele1222
on 9/12/13 10:33 pm - niceville, FL
RNY on 12/19/12

I have had Oscar Myer Bacon Bits, they were great! The sugar did not bother me. I try to add them to alot of foods because they add protein. I also add ham or any leftover meat cut up small onto my baked potato.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 481 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics