Arthritis pain, need suggestions on what to take/home remedies/anything to make the pain...

jamienichols22
on 9/15/13 4:49 am - MI

I have the same problem as I am in MI and I haven't gone for the surgery but am practicing the no NSAIDS to find ways to deal with the pain and let me tell you the Tramadol is a god sent! Not a narcotic but works great to help keep the pain down. I would suggest that you ask your doctor Monday if they could prescribe you some, I take 50 mg twice a day but she wrote them for three a day just in case I had a bad day. 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

Bibo
on 9/16/13 12:29 pm

I have not done this since my RNY, but prior to, I used a remedy from Edgar Cacyce (sp?) that worked wonders. Take golden raisins (not regular brown ones), and soak them in vodka for at least a week. then take exactly seven of them, blot the vodka off and eat them. It took about a week to work, but it was the best pain relief I ever had for arthritis.  I doubt there is a whole lot of alcohol on them after blotting them dry, i mean they didn't make me drunk or anything like that.. I am waiting a little while longer to try them since my surgery was in May, maybe like next year or something. They sure helped though.   I second the tumeric also.  Also I use aloe vera from the plant, and ice packs. Tends to help with some of the inflammation, but it's not an instant fix. Hope you feel better.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/16/13 1:34 pm - OH

OT, but I noticed that your signature says you lost 215 pounds and lost 198 BEFORE surgery???

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Bibo
on 9/16/13 10:54 pm
Yes, thats. Correct.i started overeaters anonymous in 2008. This would be the second time around of losing several hundred pounds. Needed another tool.

Bibo
on 9/16/13 11:11 pm
Sorry for typos. I am on my phone. Didn't see it. Lost a lot when i was 18 ish at a fat farm type place, but in order to work my way through college wound up waiting tables etc etc...regained..couldn't lose it again after my accident, and a few other life cir****tances. I was offered a solution and. I chose to take it. Part of setting things right was to take my healthy eating food receipts in to my doctor and ask why, if i was following their directions, i couldn't lose more than 30 pounds? They stopped giving me the don't eat donuts lecture and helped me pursue surgery. Had no hassle whatever. The 12 steps have changed my life. They aren't for everyone, and there are other solutions. This one worked for me.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 520 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 528 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 387 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 90 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?