Poop-skiddleee-doop-skiddledeee

melissa_musicjunkie
on 9/22/13 2:04 pm
RNY on 08/01/13

This is becoming a huge problem. So after taking Miralax for four nights in my nighttime tea it produced no BM. Magnesium Citrate, taken in 1/2 doses at 5pm and again at 8pm to finally be relieved at 12midnight - after lots of pain and time. Shall I add more? MOre Duclcolax 2-3 pills every night with the Miralax every night? Or should I wait til day 3 of no poop and just take the Mag Citrate? This is a serious problem for me. :(

And it AIN'T COOL!! 

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

Mommiecat
on 9/22/13 2:16 pm

I am not sure what's worse - I have diarrhea so bad it happens in my sleep. :( I have no suggestions for you, but wanted to let you know that I feel your pain.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/22/13 2:30 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

You are only 3 days without a poop? My first month I would go a week, because there was almost nothing to poop out really. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Needanewbeginning
on 9/22/13 2:56 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

So soon post op many of us have this problem, milk of magnesia worked well for me. Remember, your not eating much so going isn't going to happen very regularly, not yet anyway. I am four months out and I still have issues indecision

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Ladytazz
on 9/22/13 3:30 pm

Constipation was a big issue for me, too, the first few months after my surgery.  It was so bad that I gave myself a hernia from straining.  My surgeon recommended milk of magnesia but that stuff gags me.  Now I take Miralax daily.  I get it on prescription so it doesn't cost much.  I seem to go through a cycle now.  A few weeks of being really regular, a few weeks of constipation and then a few weeks of pretty loose stools.  The few times I ran out of the Miralax and didn't take it for a few days I was miserable.  See if your doctor will prescribe it and try taking it daily.  I found it didn't do me any good to take it as needed.  I need to take it daily, even if I have loose stools or I will be constipated again.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Katie K.
on 9/22/13 7:19 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I take Miralax every day in my morning tea. It doesn't cause cramping and panicked running to the toilet, so it's okay to take it during the day. I don't know if it's a coincidence or if it really works that quickly, but I usually go within half an hour and the rest of the day is easy. I don't ever want to feel like I'm giving birth again, especially at work.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 9/22/13 9:04 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

When constipated, my DOC has me take MOM every hour till an explosion occurrs. 

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Lessoflinda
on 9/22/13 10:46 pm - NY
I seem to do well with daily miralax and a few prunes. If I get away from that routine, I need a few doses of mom.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Ocalasam
on 9/23/13 1:02 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I also had MAJOR problems with this.  I take 2 generic stool softeners everyday and haven't had a problem since.

chris_ruff
on 9/23/13 1:10 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i had some constipation issues early out and used glycerine suppositories. worked like a charm!

--Christina
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 484 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 485 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 70 views