To much exsersize. Never thought I would here that about myself.

Louy
on 9/22/13 7:40 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

I over did the excersise.  Iv torn my insides and now I can't do anything but walk for at least 6 weeks. I'm having cramps and diarear all the time. The only time I'm not uncomfortable is when I'm lying flat out. This totally sucks. Has anyone else had this happen? 

angeleigh
on 9/22/13 8:35 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ohh yes, Just last week I hurt my shoulder. I thought I had pulled a muscle in my shoulder but when I went to the doctors they told me I had a slight tear in one of the connecting muscles from my peck to my bicep. So not fun, but with the Trama-Dol and a muscle relaxer it doesnt hurt as much now. Just cant stress it to much for the next few weeks.

Man I didnt get the all clear to go back to really working out till 6 weeks, and even then it hurt my stomach to do to much. Be careful, since it takes a little longer for you to fully heal. Focus on cardio for the time being. Heck I think I did mainly cardio for the first 3 months, I started by walking 3 miles a day now I run that almost everyday, plus a heavy weight work out on every other day.

Did you go see the doctor? Did they put you on any meds to help with the pain?

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/23/13 9:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13

How do you know you have torn your insides? What does that even mean? You might be sore, you might have made something tender, but if you ripped out stitches you'd be having another procedure and really, I cannot imagine what you think you've done. 

I exercise pretty aggressively, as does my husband. Tearing something internally is pretty extreme. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Louy
on 9/23/13 9:56 am
RNY on 08/12/13

I have really bad scar tissue from a lap band to the point my rny surgery took 6 hours to negotiate.  Iv torn the scar tissue and strained the intestines.  My belly has blown up like in having a baby.   Did to much to soon.  Unless you think the head surgent at epworth is wrong. 

PetHairMagnet
on 9/24/13 4:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Breaking scar tissue is less dramatic to me than tearing internal tissue, which is how I read your post. That makes sense. Do you normally get keloids or was that unusual with the lap band?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Louy
on 9/24/13 8:58 am
RNY on 08/12/13

Yes i got a lot of lessions from the lab band, it slipped and coursed all kinds of grief.  Then i had it replaced and the same thing happened.  Was over a 10 year period, then i had it removed by my current doctor but he couldnt do rny until 3 months after my lab band had been taken out due to the mess.  Im only a newby with rny but from what i went through and from hearing others talk about the lapband, i dont understand why someone would choose the band over the other surgery options. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 499 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 372 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 87 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?