Lapband toGastric Bypass revision

Melanie C.
on 9/26/13 12:42 am

I have an appointment on the 3rd with the psychologist for my psych evaluation and my first appointment the the nutritionist for my nutrition evaluation. My doctor wants me to lose 15 lbs before the surgery, so I have to lose it before my second nutrition evaluation. I do have my lapband still, but I am having a hard time getting back into eating right and losing the weight. I walk 2 miles twice a day with my dog and I am not losing weight. Are there any suggestions out there on how I can lose weight fast?

Lisa O.
on 9/26/13 1:54 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Walking is great but you have to address the food you eat.  I would cut out ALL white carbs.  Sugar, flour, rice, pasta, bread, whole milk, etc.  Track your calories and stay under 1200 per day. Drink lots and lots of water or other zero calorie beverages.

Your diet should be very high in lean proteins like chicken, fish and cottage cheese, plain Greek yogurt (add your own fruit and artificial sweetners.  Don't buy the already flavored ones unless they are under 100 calories).  

This is what worked for me.  I had to do the same thing.  The day before I weighed I did 2 protein shakes and one very light meal with lots of fluid.

You can do it!  I had my band removed in May and am having RNY surgery on Oct. 14.

Best, 

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Ceithlenn
on 9/26/13 2:56 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

How long do you have to lose the 15lbs? This would make a difference in what you might need o do. 

If you need it to come off fast something like 2 protein shakes a day, 2 snacks low cal high protein, and a light dinner (enjoy salads and veggies cause you'll miss them for the first few months). That will get the process going and get you mentally prepared for the after surgery diet. 

Good Luck. 

Sherrie P.
on 9/26/13 12:50 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Liquid diet is about as fast as you can go. 

High protein, no carbs.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Melanie C.
on 9/28/13 11:42 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm not sure how long I have yet, They said after I have the psych evaluation  and my first visit with the nutritionist they will get my approval from the insurance then make my other appointment with the Nutritionist 2 weeks before my surgery and see if I lost the 15 lbs.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 50 views
Recent Topics