Just really really wanted to eat today!

Roo33
on 10/3/13 12:22 pm - OH

Just feeling a lil depressed and alot mad today. I have to admit I genuinely miss food!! Does this pass? Will this ever get better? Not every day is like today but today was a bad day for mental hunger. It doesnt help that everything I put in my mouth hurts my stomach,,,, 

Thanks for reading my cry babying I just really needed to "say" this and didnt think my husband could understand

Member Services
on 10/3/13 1:12 pm - Irvine, CA

This journey has it's tough moments.  You can conquer them!  Hope this information helps:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/head-hunger-hang-on-it-w ill-pass/

Roo33
on 10/3/13 1:28 pm - OH
Thank you
PetHairMagnet
on 10/3/13 3:40 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
Ask yourself if you miss food or what it represented-comfort, love, release, relief, etc. I am working with a therapist to segregate food as those things from food as fuel.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

blopez579
on 10/4/13 12:42 am
RNY on 09/11/13

That's interesting... What method does your therapist use?  How are you working through it?  And in the heat of the moment, what goes through your head?

Karen R.
on 10/3/13 4:06 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Sorry you're having a bad day.

I was actually glad my body was "helping" me by not wanting food.  I mean--I had major surgery in an effort to lose weight, so in my mind the fact that food made me nauseous right after surgery and my appetite was nil was a big bonus.  Imagine how hard it would be if I (or you!) could eat anything you want immediately after surgery.  The amount of control you'd need to exert would be that much greater.

Look at this as a good thing (the physical discomfort).  As for missing food, that's part of the mental game.  Does your center offer any kind of counseling?  That might help.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Katie K.
on 10/3/13 7:22 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I've been very stressed lately, so I've been very hungry. The stress is over now, so hopefully the hunger will go away, too.

chickiedoo123
on 10/4/13 5:48 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

I hear you!  Our tools are a 'fix' for the body - forced restriction etc........but the surgery did not fix the mind.  My husband was in the hospital for 6 days - bowel obstruction - between being there for him and taking care of our little one ALL I could think about was food.  It is a matter of remembering that it is OK to feel, OK to be mad, sad, happy, bored, and that it is more than OK to talk about those feelings :-)  You will be OK!  I hope you are feeling better!

Ellie                
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 460 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 46 views