WHY O WHY WONT MY SCALE MOVE?!?!?!?

Roo33
on 10/6/13 7:33 am - OH

4 weeks out this wendsday. I have lost 24 pounds since surgery. 6 pounds in the 2 weeks prior on the opti fast diet. Im exercising pretty much daily. Usually a mile or  two fast paced walking for now. My scale is NOT MOVING!!! I am NOT EATING anything wrong. Its all yogurt, string cheese, eggs, and cream of whea****er and protien shakes in the morning. and not too much! I can barely handle eating a whole scrambled egg and force myself to eat the whole container of yougurt(for the sake of protien). What can I be doing wrong? its upsetting to be working my butt off, and not eating the delicious things in life and the scale not be moving..... FEELING SOOOOO DISCOURAGED!!

Ceithlenn
on 10/6/13 7:40 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

Its a normal stall. Mine started at week 3 and last until a few days ago, so almost 3 weeks without scale movement. A few days ago it started to move again. Like yourself I am exercises, I have been doing 4 to 10 miles a day and am eating whats on my program but my body just needed a break. This happens a lot and the scale will KEEP moving you just need to try hard not to let it bother you while your going through it. With that being said I stressed every time I weighed so I understand but just try hard not too. 

Roo33
on 10/6/13 7:47 am - OH

looking at your chart I see that we are near the same size as well. Thanks you for the encouragment and the warning! lol Im not sure my scale will make it through a 3 week stall. I have almost thrown it away every day since it stopped moving! 

poet_kelly
on 10/6/13 7:44 am - OH

24 lbs in four weeks works out to six pounds a week!  That's pretty rapid weight loss.  What do you mean your scale isn't moving?  How fast did you think it would move?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

knilsson66
on 10/6/13 7:48 am - Goleta, CA

I am 5.5 weeks out and my scale "froze" for 14 weeks.  Do a search on the week 3 stall and you'll see this is really really normal.  Just hang in there.  The scale will start to move again once your body adjusts.  After 14 days of no movement, I dropped 1.5 lbs yesterday and and another 1.5 lbs today.  I know how frustrating it it!  But it is normal and will pass.  Just be patient.  

Kim

HW  372 |  SW 338  |  RNY 8/28/2013 

Sherrie P.
on 10/6/13 10:27 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I "only" lost 19 pounds the first month.... it seemed very slow. It will pick up.  Normal :-) Put the scale in a time out.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

TurnThePage
on 10/6/13 10:32 am

I second all the stall comments.

Just a note on the yogurt. Most come in 6 oz. containers and ideally  portion sizes should be about 3 oz., so split it into 2 servings.

easydoesit
on 10/7/13 6:03 am
RNY on 08/20/13

Girl... Im a about 7 weeks ahead and have lost 26 so im only 2 pounds ahead of you but the stalls are real, real discouraging, but not too bad. I had a 2 week stall and last week i had started to lose about half a pound a day and then again i started with the stall for 5 days now just keep doing what your doing , if you feel the heat when your working out then dont change much, just keep at it and you will see movement in a few days.. also tmi but have you pooped lately cause u can also hold a lb of poop and not know it... but the stall will come off , then on , then off.....as long as your doing what is required then dont sweat it.

we will get there but it'll take time and faith.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 50 views
Recent Topics