Starting down the road

josh_h2
on 10/30/13 3:26 am

Hi All!

Well, it took a year of playing my GP's games with vitamins etc (his words, not mine), but he finally said he will refer me for WLS.. 

I'm excited to go down this road, and am already enjoying reading everyone's posts, and learning what I've got to look forward to. 

My max weight was 350, currently about 330  (took a year to drop those 20lb), GP says he would like me around 200.  I've got all the "other factors" too ... sleep apnea (although I can't stand the CPAP), high BP, high LDL, yada yada yada

My biggest reason (other than my health of course) for wanting to do this, is that I'm only 33, and I want to be around to see my kids graduation, see them off to college, get married, grandkids etc..  At my current rate I'm not sure that would happen..

Anyways, enough babbling out of this guy - just wanted to say thanks in advance and I look forward to keep reading on here

bluroze2013
on 10/30/13 3:57 am - gainesville , FL
RNY on 10/24/13

hi Josh, and welcome to the journey!

Stacyjanp
on 10/30/13 4:26 am - NC
RNY on 09/30/13

Hi Josh.

Congrats on making a life changing decision!

I am only four weeks post op, but if I can help answer any questions let me know.

Also, there is a search  feature for almost ant topic you could need.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Highest Weight 225. Day of Surgery Weight 212.

KellyC210
on 10/30/13 6:35 am - SC

Welcome, Josh. I am only two weeks post op, but I can honestly say this is me of the best decisions I've ever made for myself. Please keep posting with your progress, and let us know if we can help you!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

Dukemom
on 10/30/13 6:37 am
RNY on 12/17/13

Welcome Josh - to this site and to the journey we are all on.  I'm still pre-op (surgery date 12/18), but have been here several months.

The people here who are further in the process are a tremendous wealth of knowledge and very supportive and encouraging.  I've also found some people who are close to my surgery date; it's nice to compare notes with them.

Good luck!

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 367 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 83 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?