need to drop 10 lbs quick

mbrown1
on 11/6/13 11:26 pm - sunbury, OH
so I'm almost 4 years out and have maintained my weight of 140 pretty well . lately I've been a little lazy and I've gained 10 pounds it sucks my clothes feel tight and I'm kind of freaked out I need to know a
quick way to lose 10 pounds. HELP

chulbert
on 11/6/13 11:28 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Stop being lazy?

Ocalasam
on 11/6/13 11:29 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Stop being lazy - LOL!!! 

You know what you need to do.  Go back to basics.....protein first, low carb, don't drink with meals and exercise.  Simple, but not easy.  You have the tool.....use it!

poet_kelly
on 11/6/13 11:35 pm - OH

The best way to lose it, and keep it off, is not real quick.  It's just to go back to following your plan.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mary Catherine
on 11/7/13 12:12 am

Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin says you can lose seven pounds in seven days.  It is a tough diet and I am just getting started reading her book.  For seven days you give up seven things: gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, corn, sugar and artificial sweeteners and chocolate. 

That leaves things like meat, berries, quinoa, vegetables, fruit, nuts, flaxseed, coconut milk, vegetable based protein powder, stevia, almond butter, and brown rice. 

I am presently buying the foods and psyching myself up to do the seven days.  I know that fast weight loss is not always the best thing to do.  This plan seems to make a lot of sense, though and sometimes we just need that quick start to eat more healthy. 

For me, it is not so much about losing more weight as about feeling more healthy.

Kim S.
on 11/7/13 12:28 am - Helena, AL

Consistently burn more than you consume to create a caloric deficit which results in fat loss. 

In simple terms.......eat less, move more.  No magic bullet out there (but you already know this........).  If you really just want to quickly drop weight (which will be water weight) and fad diet will do.

You've got this!  Look how far you've come, and be proud you are attacking it at 10 lbs and not burying your head in the sand.

PetHairMagnet
on 11/7/13 12:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13

What kind of lazy? Food tracking? Calories? Protein? Exercise? I'd say that the advice to stop being lazy from others is right on. But if you are struggling with a certain thing...like eating too much, grazing, being carb focused or just laying on the couch and share that, you might get some tips from newbies and veterans alike with what they are doing to combat that particular issue.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

mbrown1
on 11/8/13 5:44 am - sunbury, OH

thanks guys for all the advice :)  keeping my weight has been pretty easy up to this point. dont hate me but I have always still eaten carbs and I drink when I eat but I have done these things since the beginning. lately though I have been eating junk and I know that is bad so I have stopped and am really watching what I eat again I just want it off so bad I dont want to wait. My biggest fear since having the surgery is gaining weight back so the 10 lbs have freaked me out.

BWB
on 11/8/13 10:06 am

You should be able to lose 2.5 lbs a week with no carbs, fried food, and no diet sodas.  Cook for yourself instead of eating out, measure your portions to be no more than 1 cup.  Start walking again.  You can reach your goal in no time.  A month is plenty soon enough to lose ten pounds and it will be easier to stay the course.

mbrown1
on 11/9/13 8:32 pm - sunbury, OH
I had totally forgot about just using a cup to measure your food

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 305 views