Surgery Tomorrow- Anyone Not Do the BOWEL PREP or have recipe to make one?

DallasCheer Chick
on 12/8/13 5:02 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 12/09/13
Thank you so much!
DallasCheer Chick
on 12/8/13 6:00 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 12/09/13
Thank you so much! I am STARVING right now. How hungry were you after the surgery?
Stacy Sikes
on 12/9/13 3:14 am - OR
For me I was not hungry at all after surgery, I am a week post-op and still do not get hungry.

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

MrsLitch
on 12/8/13 4:03 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I had no bowel prep. If I were in your position I would use the mag. Cit.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

DallasCheer Chick
on 12/8/13 6:21 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 12/09/13
Thank you doing the Mag Citrate now.
cajungirl
on 12/8/13 4:17 am

I didn't have to do a bowl prep just liquids the day before. Have you tried calling the answering service?  

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

DallasCheer Chick
on 12/8/13 5:06 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 12/09/13
I wasn't at all impressed with his answering service, so since so many others that commented didn't have to do one I am going to just do the magnesium citrate. Thanks so much for replying to me.
Bibo
on 12/8/13 9:16 am

I would still let them know you did it, it can take a while for the bowels to completely empty. yuck to still be going in the am.....and try the hospital admit nurse too....they can sometimes reach the doctor...I was not hungry for several months after the surgery...the insides get all rewired anyway. It's more important to not drink anything after midnight  or ten or whatever time they told you because of the anesthesia/risk of aspirating fluid. What time is your surgery?

Bibo
on 12/8/13 9:22 am

The other thing I suggest is to get hooked up with a Bariatric center of excellence asap...especially if this is a revision surgery...there is a lot of vitamin monitoring that most regular doctors are not familiar with, and if you have a complication there are lots of reasons to be connected with a BCE.

dragonlove
on 12/8/13 9:42 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I just had to do a clear liquid for the day before and use the magnesium citrate between 4 & 7pm the night before and then absolutely nothing at all, not even water after midnight.  The mag citrate was not an all day thing for me because of the clear liquids.  It actually took over an hour to hit me and then i certainly stayed close to the bathroom for a few hours.

However - I cannot stress enough, each doctor is different. It is vital that the doctor knows exactly what you have done and not done. Be aware that if it isn't to his standards, it could cause a delay in your surgery anyway.

Happy thoughts heading your way!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?