Health and Fitness Apps

Angela B.
on 12/20/13 8:37 am

Hey everyone! I'm just about 2 months post op and feeling great.

As far as exercise, I've been mostly just walking and low impact stuff to be on the safe side. I saw my doctor yesterday and he gave me the go ahead to do more. I hate going to the gym. I think it's just the fact I have to get ready, drive there, wait for the piece of equipment I want, drive back, ect. I have an elliptical at home but wanted to incorporate more. So just browsing the apps on my phone I found a great one called Fit Woman. It gives you individualized workouts each day for what you are trying to target other other ready made workouts. It's $2.99 but to me, a great deal compared to a underutilized gym membership  Here is the link for it: http://sport.com/fitness_for_women.html

I also use myFitnessPal for tracking my food/pro/water everyday. Other than it saying I'm starving myself (I wish there was a WLS setting on it!!!), it's great.

I'm always looking to switch it up. Do you all have any favorites?

HW: 273 SW: 255 CW: 134.4 GW: 120       RNY 11/4/2013 

PetHairMagnet
on 12/20/13 8:58 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM Pacific Time, Angela B. wrote:

Hey everyone! I'm just about 2 months post op and feeling great.

As far as exercise, I've been mostly just walking and low impact stuff to be on the safe side. I saw my doctor yesterday and he gave me the go ahead to do more. I hate going to the gym. I think it's just the fact I have to get ready, drive there, wait for the piece of equipment I want, drive back, ect. I have an elliptical at home but wanted to incorporate more. So just browsing the apps on my phone I found a great one called Fit Woman. It gives you individualized workouts each day for what you are trying to target other other ready made workouts. It's $2.99 but to me, a great deal compared to a underutilized gym membership  Here is the link for it: http://sport.com/fitness_for_women.html

I also use myFitnessPal for tracking my food/pro/water everyday. Other than it saying I'm starving myself (I wish there was a WLS setting on it!!!), it's great.

I'm always looking to switch it up. Do you all have any favorites?

You can out custom setting on and set the protein goals for each day as well as overall calories. Love MFP!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Angela B.
on 12/20/13 9:43 am

Thanks for the tip! I will have to try tweak it to my liking.

HW: 273 SW: 255 CW: 134.4 GW: 120       RNY 11/4/2013 

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/13 11:50 am

I could change the setting - calories proteins carbs and fats on a website but not in an app itself. Not sure if that is still the case but if you can't change it on the phone - log on on a normal computer and do that from there.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 492 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 64 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?