What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 1/30/14 4:45 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to come here and see you all posting your menus, giving me ideas and inspiration, holding me accountable, and making me rethink what I put in my mouth :)  So thanks :)

I have to share, because ya'all have become like a second family for me.  I worked from home today and took a break this afternoon to join the gym of my dreams.  They have a "special" (said sarcastically) that includes unlimited personal training.  So basically, in addition to having use of the gym, all their classes, and free laundry (you leave your dirty clothes and the next day they are cleaned), this "deal" allows you to have one 25-minute personal training session a day.  You log onto their site the day before, and sign up for a time.  Some are 1:1 and some are 1:4 small groups.  I know myself, and I know I need someone to tell me what to do and hold me accountable.  It's easy to say at 5 pm, "Ugh, I'm tired, do I need to go to the gym?" but if my trainer is there waiting for me, there is no doubt.  So I am rationalizing the cost of $245 a month by telling myself that I don't spend money on food or alcohol lol.  I figure, if I splurge on anything it should be HEALTH related.  So overall, though the cost gives me a heart attack, I feel really awesome.  I also walked .7 miles to and from the gym, worked out there, and my FitBit One says I am only 2,000 steps away from my goal of 10,000 steps :)

Ok, now on to menus...

Time Since Surgery: 6 weeks, 4 days (this is important to know, so a newbie doesn't think they can eat what someone 2 years out is eating)

Breakfast: Morningstar vegan griller with a piece of Trader Joe's pepperjack cheese melted on it.  A small squirt of ketchup and a small squirt of mustard

L: Trader Joe's lite cheddar cheese stick

D: Well in my mind it is going to be Trader Joe's Curry Chicken Tenders.  I put them in the fridge to defrost last night.  However, something smells SERIOUSLY not right, and I wonder if my tastes have changed since before surgery because right now the idea of curry makes me want to gag.  But I am going to cook it up and see...

This only brings me to 432 calories and 50g of protein.  I am in a stall, so I bought some organic 1% milk and I am going to make some warm protein hot chocolate tonight, I believe.

ALSO, I am making some new egg bites this weekend (oh how I love World According to Eggface blog).  Egg whites, crab, green onion, red pepper, monterrey jack cheese and CRAB.  I can't wait.  If I make 24 mini egg bites on a Sunday, that's breakfast for an entire week.  Although when people smell them after I pop them in the microwave they always want to try them and become obesessed too.  "Eat your own food, skinny people!"  LOL

Hope you're all having a great day!

Kenyatta W.
on 1/30/14 5:17 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

LOL at "Eat your own food skinny people!" Wow $245 per month!!!! O.M.GEEE but at least you have great benefits that goes along with that price plus YOU CAN"T PUT A PRICE ON YOUR HEALTH!!! So you rock on!

Time Since Surgery: Almost 13 months

B: Protein coffee, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice turkey bacon

S1: Light baby bel cheese

L: 1/2c turkey chili with 1/8c shredded cheese

S2: 1/2 protein bar

D: 4oz baked chicken tenderloin, 3 pieces of cooked baby carrots

S3: 1/3c roasted chick peas flavored with splenda and cinnamon ( MY FAV)

E: Rest day, too darn sore

W/Vites: On target

Totals: Calories 797, Protein 92 grams, Carbs 54 grams, Fats 24 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 1/30/14 11:49 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Kenyatta!  Your menu, as always, is awesome!!!  You get so much protein in everyday - you inspire me.  I have to get better.  I normally top off at 60 or 65 g.  I have this weird paranoia about upping my calories.  I will talk to my NUT at our support group tomorrow.  Why is support group at 9:30 am on Saturday???  So early!  LOL

One of these days I am going to have to roast chick peas.  I would make them savory, however, since I don't crave sweets.  I found some amazing parmesan crisps that are no carb and have decent protein so those serve as my "crunch" :)

Ceithlenn
on 1/30/14 5:23 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I agree if you are going to splurge on something it might as well be health. As long as you use the trainer more than 8 times in a month its more than paid for itself just in trainer costs. An hour of training ranges from 60 to 300 depending on your city and the trainer. So congrates!!!!

5 months out

B- Chocolate hazelnut coffee protein shake

L- 1/3 of a jimmy johns turkey unwich (a sub wrapped in lettuce no bread)

S- 1/3 of jimmy johns turkey unwich

D- protein shake

S- homemade chocolate almondbutter (trying for first time and using splenda for sweetner) and a banana

TopherCarter
on 1/30/14 2:45 pm - Owens Cross Rds, AL
RNY on 08/21/13

We just recently got a Jimmy Johns here, and I only recently found out about the Unwich...I must give it a try! Can you do any sub in the restaurant as an Unwich?

sonyamarie75
on 1/30/14 7:48 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

$245 a month? Yikes! I probably spent $250 a month eating out though. You deserve it! I love the Eggface website. Bariatric Foodie too! I may have to try the crab egg bites. They sound delicious!

I am 5 months out. 

Breakfast- 1/3 omelette, veggie, with no cheese. 1 tablespoon of hashbrowns, 1/2 slice of rye toast. 

Snack- one graham cracker with laughing cow cheese wedge. 

Lunch- 3 peices of sushi- philly roll

Snack- beef jerky 1 oz.

Dinner- Protein shake. My pouch is grumpy. I am barfy and having pain under my right rib cage. I think I am just going to drink a shake and skip dinner tonight. 

That will put me at about 900 calories and 70 grams on protein. 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Gypsyqueen5
on 1/30/14 8:11 am - Seattle, WA

Had surgery Jan 6th 2014. So is it 3 weeks out now LOL.

B- poached egg and 1/2 cup applesauce coffee 40 min after I ate

S-1/2 cup cottage cheese

L- 1/2 cup split peas soup no ham chunks, cubed peaches in a cup unsweetened 

D- Tilapia , green beans

S

All vitamins in  I drink a lot of water all day. I always have even before surgery

Exercise-clean house, went up and down 14 stairs at least 3 times so far

Going back to water aerobics on Monday can't wait I have missed it.

SeattleSeagirl

Dcgirl
on 1/30/14 11:45 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

We have about the same to lose :)  It's amazing how different plans are - some people don't go to solids or soft solids for a month, whereas I went to solids at two weeks.  But my doctor doesn't allow fruit or vegetables for me yet (I am almost 7 weeks out).  If I can fit in a bit of veggies after I get more than 60 g of protein, I can have a bite.  I am like you - I easily get my water in everyday.  I love water :) 

Here is wishing us awesome success on our weight loss!

Dcgirl
on 1/30/14 11:47 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Sonya!  I DEFINITELY spent that and more on eating out and drinking (I like to be social!) so that is how I am rationalizing it too :)

I love sushi and I have been having seared tuna and tuna tartar and various pieces of sashimi since week three. 

I will be sure to post the crab egg bites full recipe if they turn out as delicious as I think they will :)  Have a great weekend!

JLS_NJ
on 1/30/14 8:32 am, edited 1/30/14 8:34 am
RNY on 10/15/13

15 weeks post op.  I go next week for my 4 month check up with surgeon & nutritionalist. 

breakfast- 2 oz scrapple

lunch 1/3c Thai veggies from Tom Yum Soup. 1/3c broth 

dinner - 2oz turkey lunch meat 1oz pepper jack cheese stick 

all vitamins - 40 min pool running. 15 minute sauna! It's cold on the east coast so that was bliss.  

Kinda low on water today but working on that now! 

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 479 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 355 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics