I need a recipe for a Super Bowl party dish :)

Dcgirl
on 1/31/14 12:31 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all!

I'm going to a Super Bowl party on Sunday and I am going to bring a dish. I am seven weeks out and eating all protein, no carbs. Any good recipe ideas? I checked out the recipe forum and there was a turkey meatball one that looked good. Open to other ideas if you have them :)

Thanks! Em

Ceithlenn
on 1/31/14 1:31 pm - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

You can do a low fat version of buffalo chicken dip with ff cream cheese and low fat cheese. 

Gypsyqueen5
on 1/31/14 2:37 pm - Seattle, WA

I am making these fromeggface's page

Shelly's Confetti Bites 

2 Green Onions, diced 
1 (2 oz.) jar Pimentos, drained 
1 Green Chili, diced (I use Ortega Whole Mild) 
1/4 cup Corn Kernels, frozen defrosted 
1/2 cup Colby Jack Cheese, grated 
1/4 cup Storebought Bruschetta Sauce, drained, solids only (refrigerated pasta section) 
5 eggs 
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt 
1/2 teaspoon Oregano 
a few twists of Black Pepper 

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Spoon into lightly greased (Pam non-stick spray works great for this) mini muffin tins

And roasted chick peas spicy

SeattleSeagirl

Dcgirl
on 2/1/14 12:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I love her egg bites!!! I made some bacon and goat cheese and shallot ones two weeks ago. Tomorrow I am making crab and onion and red pepper and Monterrey jack egg bites. The 24 bites are breakfast for a week, even when I share a few :) Enjoy these!

indybuttercup
on 1/31/14 3:52 pm - Indianapolis, IN

A bean dip like 3 to 7 layers is nice and high in protien. You can google them and adjust layers to your needs

PetHairMagnet
on 1/31/14 5:52 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Be very careful with turkey as they often grind the skin in to extend the meat. Are you the one that had the turkey meatloaf reciepe recently? You could make a bunch of those into meatballs. How about a platter of fresh boiled shrimp and crab with some zesty horseradish? That is what I'll be having. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Dcgirl
on 2/1/14 12:23 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Pet Hair Magnet-I buy the 99% fat free ground turkey that comes in a 20 Oz package. It has the nutrition info on the label. It's the leanest ground turkey I can find. Do you think there is a better ground meat option? (And grinding my own meat is not happening lol!). Thanks!

PetHairMagnet
on 2/1/14 1:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 1, 2014 at 8:23 AM Pacific Time, Dcgirl wrote:

Hey Pet Hair Magnet-I buy the 99% fat free ground turkey that comes in a 20 Oz package. It has the nutrition info on the label. It's the leanest ground turkey I can find. Do you think there is a better ground meat option? (And grinding my own meat is not happening lol!). Thanks!

Lol, I am right there with you on the meat grinding! I have nit bought commercially farmed turkey in 10 years, so I am not up to date in lingo/labeling for that product, but I'd guess 99% fat free would not have skin. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

tdbull
on 2/1/14 12:18 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I don't cook and my sister is hosting the party, so I always bring a veggie tray. Easy and I know I will have something to eat there.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Dcgirl
on 2/1/14 12:24 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

That will eventually be a perfect option for me :) I'm not yet at the raw veggie stage (7 weeks out). I was thinking something with meat so others enjoy it too :) perhaps I will try my new crock pot and make chili-everyone on here seems to love chili!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 484 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 484 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics