What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 2/9/14 2:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all, Happy Sunday! I hope you've had a good weekend so far :) I am about to get my hair done (I'm 8 weeks out and still have hair which makes me happy lol) so I had to do a bunch of my food prep yesterday for the week. I used leftover chicken from dinner to make chicken salad to bring for 2 lunches, and I made bacon and shallot and peppered goat cheese egg bites for the week's breakfasts. If I don't prep I don't do as well, so I'm glad that's out of the way. 

Time since surgery: 8 weeks tomorrow

B: went to brunch with friends and family. Ordered a 3 egg omelet that had sausage and cheese and asked them to use egg beaters and chicken sausage. Ate the chicken sausage and a little bit of the egg white and cheese.

S: I have half of a premier protein vanilla shake with me since I will be at the salon for 3 hours lol

D: Chipotle burrito bowl-chicken and onions and peppers and a little cheese and salsa and guacamole. No beans and no rice. This is at least 3 meals if not more for me :)

This will end up at 660 calories, 61 g of protein and 26 g of carbs (I try to do less than 20 g of carbs). And now I already know all of my meals tomorrow (egg bites, chicken salad, chipotle leftovers). 

What are you eating today?

NDHM
on 2/9/14 4:11 am

Great menu today! You're doing very well. 

B: handful of almonds on the way out the door for church.

L: steak soup (it was gross so I had a bite of my hubby's ribeye & a piece of my daughter's roasted chicken.

D: leftovers from the week. So, grilled chicken & green beans.

S: yogurt or cottage cheese probably & maybe a glass of milk before bed if my protein count is low

Dcgirl
on 2/9/14 6:00 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, NDHM! You're doing awesome too. Yeah, steak soup could probably either be delicious or terrible. Glad you found a good high protein option when it turkey out to be terrible! I recently saw someone on the VSG forum made a chicken broth with garlic and either kale or spinach and turkey balls and I was thinking I should try that. With a shot of sriracha of course (I love spice!). Have a great evening!

poet_kelly
on 2/9/14 4:36 am - OH

Breakfast - cappuccino protein shake

Snack - 2 Snickerdoodles

Snack - carbmaster cherry yogurt (I have discovered if I put these in the freezer about half an hour before eating them, they get really cold and thick, sort of like ice cream)

Lunch - apple slices with almond butter

Snack - protein bar

Dinner - I don't know yet, maybe tomato soup

Snack - I'm thinking cheese crisps (put little piles of shredded cheese on a cookie sheet and bake them until they melt and get crispy, tastes a lot like a cheese cracker)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NDHM
on 2/9/14 5:41 am

I'll have to try the cheese crisps. Sound good. 

Dcgirl
on 2/9/14 5:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Kelly-I love the idea of putting yogurt in the freezer! I am definitely going to try that! I also have to try to make my own cheese crisps. I bought some but they are insanely expensive. And have more ingredients than just cheese!

Dorkgirl_41
on 2/9/14 5:55 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

The cheese crisps are soooo yummy.

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

JLS_NJ
on 2/9/14 4:55 am
RNY on 10/15/13

I had a new grand son this week & currently watching 2 very excited little girls!  Exhausting.... lol 

They had waffles which looked so good!  BUT not with the program!  Not in an egg mood I ended up with 1\4c chili & 2TBL cheese.  

For dinner I'll probably have spag sauce & cheese.  I've been wanting pizza, this works for me! 

1\2 banana later 

Protein shake for more protein

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

Dcgirl
on 2/9/14 5:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Congratulations on your new grandson! And for staying on plan :) I also crave pizza and I have a few recipes that I will eventually try. One is just pan frying cheese until it gets kinda hard like a crust, adding pizza sauce and toppings and a little sprinkle of cheese on top. One is cauliflower crust (google it-there are a bunch of variations). And another is to cook a package of 99% fat free ground turkey, mix it with pizza sauce, and then later it with cheese and your choice of chopped peppers or mushrooms or whatever you like on pizza and bake it. All sound great to me!

Dorkgirl_41
on 2/9/14 5:55 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

B - 1/2 of a Quest Chocolate Brownie protein bar and coffee, decaf

L - A small Wendy's Chili with cheese and onions. A favorite meal even after 6 months out!

S - Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt, Vanilla with a TBLS of dark chocolate chips added.

D - I think it's going to be 1 Trader Joe's Thai Lime Shrimp Skewer, with 5 grilled shrimp and a few bites of baked potato with a dollup of plain greek yogurt. Baked potato is one of my "treats". I could make a daily diet of potatoes so they are not something I indulge in often.

S - Coffee with added protein powder and fiber powder.

V - On target so far and do not see a reason why I won't get the rest in by the end of the day.

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 498 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 497 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 370 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views