What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 2/12/14 10:41 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Well since 100 million Americans are affected by Winter Storm Pax, even including our international friends on OH, I assume that almost 1/3 of us are homebound today!  I am actually holed up at a friend's (coworker friend) and working from here today in DC.  Surrounding areas got a foot of snow but here in the city it's more like 4 inches!  Still, the government is closed and so are all the schools.  Luckily I planned ahead and brought food over.  I know for many of us being trapped in the house in the snow leads to boredom and snacking!  So let's keep ourselves honest here.

B: Believe Mocha Latte - 110 calories, 20 g of protein, 6 carbs - this is a premade protein drink I bought a long time ago.  It's good but high in carbs for me

S: Cottage cheese 1%

L: Leftover ka praw Thai from last night - it's just chicken with basil and garlic and some seriously spicy peppers.  As far as I can tell, 3 oz is 198 calories, 14 carbs and 20 g of protein

S: I brought hard-boiled eggs and turkey jerky.  

D: TBD.  We might go out later so if we go to the place I want to, they have an ahi tuna appetizer or a turkey burger (no bun) that I could have.

What's on your menu????  Stay warm, y'all!

P.S. Can I just say that thanks to the threads this week, I now have recipes for ooopsie bread, mock lasagna (no noodles) and shirataki soy noodles (which my brother just tried and LOVED in a healthy beef stroganoff).  Not a bad week!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/14 11:13 pm, edited 2/13/14 2:14 am

B:egg whites with cheese and refried beans/ an hour after hot chocolate the weather here stinks today pouring rain.No snow

S:Yogurt

L:taco salad with refried beans and beef

Dinner:Beef stew

S:?

D:Beef stew

I will probally change my menu today.For the good not the bad

MyLady Heidi
on 2/12/14 11:16 pm

This is a spit in the wind here in Connecticut.  Our CEO takes it personally if people don't show up at work during storms, you would think we were performing miracles instead we report the news.

I am responding because I made this awesome homemade guacamole dip last night and I added some greek sour cream I found at the store.  It has higher protein then normal sour cream and it turned out really well and my bf had no idea I used something different.

I am not one for measuring so I am approximating.

2-3 ripe avacados

1 pint greek sour cream (use as much as you want to make it really creamy)

1 diced small red onion

1 diced vine ripe tomato

1 heaping teaspoon of fresh crushed garlic chopped fine

juice from one lemon

packet guacamole seasoning (I only use a little since this is spicy on its own)

I whip my avacado up in the food processor and then stir in everything else.  It was so good and creamy.  Yum.  I serve it with tortilla chips alone, or on my fat free chicken taco salad.

I have no idea what I will eat tonight but for dinner last night I had a teriyaki chicken salad with seasame seeds and blue cheese over field greens, then the guacamole at 9 while I watched the Olympics and for snack at midnight, I am playing with a cereal mixture with lots of added nuts.  I keep combining different brands, honey bunches of oats is my fav but it makes my blood sugar crash, so I use the Aldi version which is better for my blood sugar but not much protein, I add a ton of sliced almonds and then add a Kashi protein cereal, I forget which one it was.  I am trying to make a high protein cereal that I can eat without a big effect on my blood sugar and I have to eat as many nuts in the process.  I love tree nuts, I won't eat peanuts at all anymore.

Tonight I am going to try roasting almonds with cinnamon to add to my cereal.

Dcgirl
on 2/13/14 12:36 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

WOW your guacamole sounds BANGING!  I love guac - I have never used sour cream or any mix in (I use avocados, lime, salt, jalapeno, onion) but I love the idea of mixing in the greek sour cream.  I actually have some at home since I used it for my turkey chili.  Great idea to boost the protein.  I just don't know what I could dip in it.  Simply because I can't eat raw veggies yet and can't eat chips.  I could definitely eat it on some ground turkey or chicken taco flavoring :)  Thanks for the idea!

I'm also not to nuts and haven't ever been a cereal person, but if you figure out a recipe you should share it on OH - I bet a lot of people would be interested!

poet_kelly
on 2/13/14 1:19 am - OH

I like a little guacomole on top of beans, like black beans, or even refried beans, along with some salsa and shredded cheese.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 2/12/14 11:27 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I have a question about the breakfast bites you've made !! I made them for the 1st time this morning (they're still in the oven).... anyway, I spooned them into a mini muffin pan and I have 2 questions (actually) ---

1. I used a cup & 1/4 of egg beaters (equal to 5 eggs) and I used 1 cup shredded cheese, onions & bacon.... The mixure is pretty think though !! I thought it would've been a bit more liquidy ??

2. I couldn't fit all the mixture in the 24 mini muffin holders !! Even though I filled it to the top of each muffin spot, but there's still almost 1/4 oof the mixture left :/ What am I doing wrong ?!! lol

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Cunning_Pam
on 2/12/14 11:31 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

When I made these, I ended up with about a half cup of additional ingredients to the eggs. I think you may have just overstuffed them. 

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Mo Diggity
on 2/12/14 11:36 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

ok, so I'm not alone lol... Thanks !!

Cunning_Pam
on 2/12/14 11:41 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Er, I guess I didn't phrase that properly...where you had a cup of additional ingredients to add to the eggs, I used half a cup. I didn't have any leftover mix, and filled up 24 mini muffin cups perfectly.

Sorry for not being clear!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Mo Diggity
on 2/12/14 11:53 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Ahhhhhh gotcha !!  ok, next time I guess I'll lessen the extras.... Thanks ;)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 497 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 370 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 85 views