What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 2/16/14 10:27 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

First, can I say that today is one of the most momentous days of my life!  Post-shower, and buck naked (lol!) I weighed in at 299.8!!!!  UNDER 300!!!!  I will never weigh anything starting with a 3 again.  Honestly, I am walking on air.  I wore a suit to work (a super cute jacket that hasn't fit in quite a while) and everyone is commenting how good I look :)  I think it's just the INSANE AMOUNT OF CONFIDENCE I AM GIVING OFF!  Trust me, I know 299.8 lbs is not a healthy weight, but I am down from 351 lbs surgery day December 16th,  so I am walking on air :)

So, thanks OH friends, for being such an awesome support!!!!

Not sure if any of you saw my post this weekend about tofu shirataki noodles and how I loooove them?  (Thanks, Kenyatta!).  I think I lied and I had some sort of chickpea flour noodle that is the brand Nasoya, and is called Shirataki Spaghetti.  They are 15 calories and 4 g of carbs.  They are in the refrigerated section at the grocery store in a bag in some smelly water.  You rinse rinse rinse them, then boil them for 2 minutes, and I added them to pesto and shrimp and they were freaking delicious!  Give them a try.  They appear to be made from chickpea flour and not soy, however.  So I don't know what they are, but they taste and feel like PASTA!

Ok, on to today's menu (sorry for the rambling):

B: 2 oz quiche from a brunch I threw yesterday - egg beaters, light cheddar cheese, crab, onion, garlic, artichokes, spinach.  DELICIOUS!

L: 3 oz Boar's Head blackened turkey breast, one Babybel cheese round

D: Leftover whatever-the-hell shirataki noodles and shrimp and pesto

S: Premier Protein shake before gym

E: 2 miles on the treadmill at 3.0 mph

V: Slacking here - ran out of calcium and snow delayed my amazon shipment :(  Should arrive today!

W: Always do 70+ oz

This will get me to 634 calories, 22 g of fat, 15 g carbs, 92 g of protein!

What's on your menu?  Happy Presidents Day!  (BTW I live in DC and my company is open grrrr)

PetHairMagnet
on 2/16/14 10:48 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Holy fricketty frack--you've lost a LOT!

And I am right there with ya...getting to a 2 as my front number was A W E S O M E and getting to a 1 about BLEW MY MIND. It was at least three weeks after hitting the 199 mark that I was still putting TWO 99 in on my tracker for weight and stopping myself saying NOPE....down to 1 baby!  VERY excited for you!

Now...onto my planned food for today:

Breakfast (just made this) MuscleEgg 1 1/2 cup pumpkin spice plus 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup black coffee. YUMMMM!

Snack 10 almonds

Lunch 1/3 cup crab leg meat (I pull the meat and chop it into small pieces and put it in the measuring cup loosely, I do not pack it in) and then weigh it

Snack 3/4 of a string cheese...working on eating the whole thing today!

Dinner 1/3 cup pork loin cubed with 1 tsp of cherry balsamic vinegar 'tossed' with it for some zing

Bedtime split a Quest bar with my husband...I think it is a PB&J night tonight

I already have 60 oz of liquid in me today and will do an 8 mile run later today so I'll be adding another 90 or so ounces before the day is done. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Dcgirl
on 2/17/14 1:01 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks!!!  I am super excited, as you may have noticed lol.  WOW your food plans look awesome.  I may have to try your breakfast.  Does that keep you full until lunch?  My plan calls for 3 meals and no snacks.  If I cave, it's with an afternoon snack before the gym.

And hello crab!!!  I love crab!  My crab quiche was stupendous.  

I can so easily eat a string cheese.  Is it that you can't fit that much food?  JEALOUS!!!

8 mile run, that's freaking awesome.  So is being in the 1s.  My goal will be 199 by Christmas.  Can I lose 100 lbs in 10 months?  That seems like a lot but I am gonna go for it.  And the most impressive is 150 ounces of liquid in a day.  Damn girl...

PetHairMagnet
on 2/17/14 3:10 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM Pacific Time, Dcgirl wrote:

Thanks!!!  I am super excited, as you may have noticed lol.  WOW your food plans look awesome.  I may have to try your breakfast.  Does that keep you full until lunch?  My plan calls for 3 meals and no snacks.  If I cave, it's with an afternoon snack before the gym.

And hello crab!!!  I love crab!  My crab quiche was stupendous.  

I can so easily eat a string cheese.  Is it that you can't fit that much food?  JEALOUS!!!

8 mile run, that's freaking awesome.  So is being in the 1s.  My goal will be 199 by Christmas.  Can I lose 100 lbs in 10 months?  That seems like a lot but I am gonna go for it.  And the most impressive is 150 ounces of liquid in a day.  Damn girl...

It does keep me full and it does take me the full 30 minutes to drink it. I am a HUGE fan of the MuscleEgg pumpkin spice and the chocolate mint/mint brownie...cannot recall the actual name. I have to shake the bottle well after I take it out of the fridge and I have to pulse it for 5-7 seconds with the immersion blender but then it is just soooooo silky and rich! Add some ice (which I do ahead of time to the milk and cold coffee so the egg doesn't get the funky grit from being overbeaten) and I would swear it is a 1,000 calorie milkshake!

My plan really encourages 2 snacks a day and even a bedtime protein hit if so desired/needed. Frankly, if I could only eat 3 meals a day I'd be down to under 500 calories at 9 months out. I depend on those snacks to give me more calories.

No...can barely ever finish a string cheese. It is something my husband and I will split. He can eat a whole one, but is satisfied by 1/2 so if we are out and about I will bring a frozen one and then when it has defrosted, I'll pop it out and tear it in half lengthwise and we each get a half. On my own I eat 3/4 or so and then the rest goes in a baggie and every three days I have another 3/4 of a stick to eat. :)

You can SOOOOO lose 100 in 10 months! GO GO GO! I lost 100 in 6 I think...I'll have to look at my health tracker, hmmmm, okay I checked...6 months and 11 days from surgery I was down 100 lbs from surgery morning. 289 on surgery day and 190 6 months, 11 days later. So maybe it actually took 6 1/2 months..but 99 lbs in just over 6 months. You can do it! I see even bigger numbers all the time, so it is VERY doable!

Crab is by far one of my favorite, easy proteins and a crab quiche would be awesome! One of my favorites is crab meat, horseradish (raw, not creamy) and a piece of muenster cheese in a pan and then just yummmmm!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Dcgirl
on 2/17/14 5:00 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Holy crap I thought it was a stretch goal but you did 100 lbs in 6.5 months???  WOW if I could be 250 after six months I can't even imagine what else I would be capable of!  How envious I am that you can't finish a string cheese however :)  No wonder you did so well!  I can clearly eat more than you so I may be a bit behind you, but it's awesome to think that maybe I can make goal (129 more lbs) in one year.  Holy crap, the possibilities are endless!

tdbull
on 2/16/14 10:56 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congratulations!! What a great way to start your week. These are HUGE accomplishments. I do think ppl see not only the weight loss, but how we dress and how we project a newly found sense of confidence. Rock it, Girl!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Dcgirl
on 2/17/14 1:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww thanks!!!!  I do feel on top of the world :)  Which is hilarious because 299 is not a low weight but it feels AWESOME.

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/14 7:16 am

You are doing great.I love your posts daily.

B:Egg whites with a tiny piece of bacon

S:100 calorie pack of nuts

L:Yogurt

D:CHicken taco salad.Tacos without the shell 

S:not sure

Need to drink more liquids today.Vitamins are good.Exercise walking the mall.Wanting to buy more clothes but I do not need anything.

NDHM
on 2/16/14 11:08 pm

WooHoo! Congrats on the milestone!! 

B: click shake (ugh) with a scoop of vanilla bean torte

L: "tacos" - I make taco meat and serve it in a lettuce shell with all the fixings.

D: probably baked garlic pork chops & roasted brussel sprouts with shallots

S: maybe half a slice of deli turkey wrapped around a pickle. 

V: no problem

E: day 1 of c25k... Pray for me lol

Dcgirl
on 2/17/14 1:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thank you :)  Yum on the taco meat.  I have ground turkey in the fridge to cook - since it's a 20 oz package I usually cook it and then partition it into 7 containers...some with taco seasoning and light mexican cheese, some with a little spaghetti sauce :)  Roasted brussels sprouts with shallots...be still my heart.  A favorite food of mine!  I will pray for you on the C25K.  Awesome that you are starting that.  You can do it!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 497 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 497 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 370 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?