What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 2/20/14 11:10 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Just when I think I have the stoma of steel, I get the foamies ;)  Not a great start to the day, and my menu is somewhat uninspiring, so inspire me!

Time Since Surgery: 9 weeks, 5 days

B: 1/4 of a turkey burger, one small slice of avocado, 1/8 cup of brussels sprouts (not sure if I ate too fast but ugh, foamies)

L: 2 oz chunk light tuna with light mayo, 2 cheese crisps

S: Premier Protein protein drink

D: TBD

E: I have my first personal training session today!!!!!  AGGHHH!

Without dinner, I am at 411 calories, 60 g of protein, 17 g of fat, 12 g of carbs.  

W: Gotta get going on it

V: So far, so good

What are you eating today?  

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/14 12:42 am

S:Small piece of banana with a little bit of peanut butter.I woke up hungry.Drank some crystal light forty minutes later.

B:egg white with tiny piece of bacon, half of one of those Power crunch bars

L:Greek salad with shrimp

S:

D:

Not sure yet about dinner we are going out tonight so I know it will be something healthy like lobster or crab

Candy V.
on 2/21/14 12:49 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Time passed since surgery: 17 months

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with sf creamer, l & f yogurt

Lunch:  spinach salad

Dinner:    ??    may have egg and lc toast                          

Snacks: protein root beer float, turkey jerky, cauliflower casserole

Total nutrition: I don't count most days, if I have a gain I will reevaluate :)

Exercise/vitamins/water: beginners yoga and zumba, vitamins by my side, water and 20 oz protein shake and 24oz of coffee

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

saterry
on 2/21/14 1:11 am, edited 2/21/14 1:11 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Breakfast:  3oz shrimp steamed with grilled red peppers and spinach

Snack: Protein choch/coffe shake (30gm)

Lunch: Black bean chili 1/2 cup

Dinner: 3oz Steak with grilled veggies

Snack: 1 oz pepper jack cheese (6gm) and protein shake--strawberry (30gm)

water: 80 oz as of noon

vitamins: always

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Candy V.
on 2/21/14 1:21 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

80 oz as of noon!!  WOW

Dcgirl
on 2/21/14 2:32 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I love dinner foods even for breakfast :)  I switched my protein shake to a strawberry shake after I read this.  Yum!  Thanks :)

LiViAnN_mommy
on 2/21/14 1:24 am - Citrus heights, CA

Yuck! I hate foamies, I can't remember the last time I had that happen to me, so I guess it gets better! 

LiViAnN_mommy
on 2/21/14 1:27 am - Citrus heights, CA

Morning! I signed my family up at the gym yesterday and was all set to get up this morning and have my first workout with a trainer and my baby girl started coughing pretty bad..... Poor baby. I thought she was getting better. Anyways, maybe if the cough clears up we can go do a workout when daddy gets home or at least I can. Speaking of working out.... So I was talking to my hubby about what I should eat before I go, I said a shake at first and thought it wouldn't sit in my stomach as long as something solid. So than I mentioned some turkey and a string cheese and he said it was a bad idea and yet again compared my stomach to his. Does anyone else have this issue? Even after all this time he still doesn't get it sometimes! Anyways.... Thanks for listening to my rant.....

my eats

breakfast: 3 eggbites (artichoke and spinach) some sour cream for sipping and a slice and half of bacon. COFFEE!!!!!!

lunch: turkey chili and salad

snack: a shake and later a Greek yogurt raspberry with some mini chocolate chips thrown in

dinner: taco night I'm going to try really hard to not have a shell! I have a wedding to be in in November and bride wants strapless

About to take my vitamins and water already poured.  988 cal, 68 carb, 95 protein, hope I keep to it! Have a great day!!!

Dcgirl
on 2/21/14 2:35 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Congrats on joining the gym!  I hope you can go when your husband gets home, and that your daughter feels better.  I don't have a hubby but for sure a person with a "normal" stomach cannot begin to know how it feels to have our pouch :)  I mean, I ate less than 1/4 of a turkey burger and a few bites of brussels sprouts and got the foamies.  Is that normal?  NO!  LOL

Aren't bridesmaid dresses the WORST?  One dress cannot look good on all body types.  A friend of mine is in an upcoming wedding and the bride has gone insanely bridezilla.  She mandated that people wear black or purple...to her BACHELORETTE party.  Whaaat????

Karen R.
on 2/21/14 1:57 am
RNY on 04/14/13

B:  I made my own version of french toast--Arnold multigrain thin, 1 egg (you wind up using about 75% of it), a splash of skim milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1-1/2 t of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light, and about 1/8 of a cup of Cary diet syrup.  And of course I had my skinny latte.  :-) (total--299 calories)

L:  A Quest Cookie Dough Protein Bar (190 calories)

D:  3.5oz of ribeye, 1/2 cup of baby asparagus, 1 T steak sauce.  Dessert was some freshly baked diet oatmeal cookies.  (512 calories)

Totals:  1,001 calories, 98g carbs, 76g proteins, 35g fat, 24g sugar.  I had a really workout in the gym (75 minutes--a mix of cardio and weights) and walked my dog twice for a total of 45 minutes.

All in all, it was a good day. :-)

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views