martitalinda
on 3/1/14 9:19 am

Let their words fall on deaf ears, do not even give them an audience ... do YOU! this is your time now .... I was 49 years old on the day of my surgery 7 years ago ... no regrets ... I feel and look younger than when I was 30 and I have my health back .. do you! the journey is yours not theirs...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

dragonlove
on 3/1/14 9:51 am
RNY on 11/20/13

There are a lot of ignorant, self-centered, rude people out there! Ignore them!  I was 49 when I had my surgery - I'm just getting started but already my quality of life is SOOOO much better!  

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Loveymae
on 3/1/14 11:52 am

What they said!  I was 58 last July when I had my surgery and now instead of taking 3 meds for my blood pressure I take one. I have energy and mobility again!

SW: 307    

JenniPenny
on 3/2/14 5:15 am - MN

There's no reason NOT to have it at 50. I feel sorry for those small minded people who think 50 is half way through your life. It depends on how you live it not how many years.

I had my surgery at 44 and can now at 56 still run circles around people half my age. My friend had her surgery at 71, got a new hip, danced with her hubby at their 50th wedding

anniversary party and walked and ran for another 18 yrs. she had a great life because of weight loss surgery. Age doesn't matter -mindset does.

Jen 12+ ys post op RNY

pghgirl
on 3/3/14 7:50 am

That's so stupid!  I am 19 years old and having RNY but I say you have every right to have it. My mother is 47 and she's having it too. You are NEVER too old to improve your health. You are adding years on your life by doing this. Go for it and don't let ANYONE discourage you. Best of luck! :)

HW:325, SW:281, CW:250

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 500 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 500 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 373 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 87 views