southernpeachnc
on 3/1/14 1:06 am

I'm 61 and ten weeks post op.  I'm off insulin, high blood pressure etc meds now.  I will now likely have a longer life span.  Lets say I'll have at least 25 more years as opposed to 10.  Is it worth it? Hell yes! My brother died in his 50's.  The person that said this is just ignorant or insensitive. It just makes my blood boil that according to people like this our generation is just suppose to lay down and die.  She needs to be educated.

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

melissa_musicjunkie
on 3/1/14 1:07 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I think that's ridiculous. Are they saying anyone over 50 should just curl up and die?? Stupidity.
On another note, I told very very very few people that I was planning on having the surgery simply because I didn't want to hear all the idiotic comments and opinions on it. Now that I'm post op, I've told a few more people, but for the most part, I keep it to myself. :) Good luck, and don't listen to them. Haters gonna hate! ;)

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

rvtisme
on 3/1/14 1:25 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Ignorance is bliss I guess. I'm going on 53 this year,  I didn't grow up over weight,  but I've lived 1/2 my life now being obese, and tired (literally) of it. My health was going down hill, and I had already missed out on so much with my children, 2 of which are now adults. I'm hoping to become a grandmother one day, God willing, and I don't want to miss out, playing with my grandchildren on the floor, or lifting them off the floor. I want to run after them without getting too winded, and take them places I couldn't take my own children, due to my unhealthy weight.

My life may very well be more than half over, but whose to say, what remaining time should be lived unhappily?

Renee

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

MyLady Heidi
on 3/1/14 2:34 am

I think I would be looking for a new job.

doloresd
on 3/1/14 3:12 am - FL

Well screw them!  I'm 56, 2 1/2 years out and working on re-inventing myself so when I retire from the job I have now, I will have a second career.  The surgery has given me the health to need to re-invent myself.  Again screw them.  Jerks,!!

DaisyJ
on 3/1/14 3:12 am
RNY on 05/22/13

I was 53 last May when I had my rny and I couldn't be happier, I feel sooo much better and can now actually enjoy how every many years I am blessed enough to have left in this life.  I feel like everyone deserves to be able to better their life if they can no matter what age they may be.  My father had his rny last October at the age of 76, he is doing great!  He is off of insulin and several other medicines and is feeling younger every day, he can walk without pain, and can sleep at night again.  I am so happy to see him be able to live the rest of his years feeling the best he can and enjoying life again!!!  Go for it and love it at any age.

Starting weight 360, surgery weight 313, goal weight 150

life_mirrors_art
on 3/1/14 6:39 am - Canada

Ignorant comments from the temporarily young. Ignore them!

laurel0039
on 3/1/14 7:03 am

I agree with all above!!!!   I really think these people should get a life!!!  Jealous jealous jealous!!!!   What a ridiculous and uninformed comment, not to mention hurtful!!!

PrincePhillip
on 3/1/14 7:33 am - Los Angles, CA

I had my surgery at 51.  The people in your office need to take a long walk off a short pier.

this is why I have learned to set boundaries at work.  I'm there to do my job, my personal life is no ones business.  My co-workers know I had surgery and they know I don't care to hear their opinions about it.  Setting down this boundary hasn't been easy but it sure has set me free.  Get your surgery done and live YOUR life.  Wishing you all the best!

Lisa W.
on 3/1/14 8:20 am - Denver, CO

I didnt tell anyone my boss let it slip when he was trying to cover my schedule for 2 weeks but as of now my fiance has a huge raise and he said hes not letting me go back to a bunch of uninformed , malicious jealousy he's been my rock so i think i will just not go back.

Lisa Willis

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views